Government Schemes: NITI Aayog
|Points to Remember|
Youth Co: Lab
Youth Co: Lab to speed up youth-led social enterprise and innovation in India
- Youth Co: Lab will convene social innovation challenges at the national and sub-national levels, encouraging young people in the 18-29 age group
School Education Quality Index (SEQI)
To concentrate the education agenda on 'outcomes' by providing a forum for States and UTs to recognize their strengths and weaknesses and to implement appropriate course corrections or agenda interventions.
- Developed by NITI Aayog to assess the success of Member States and Union Territories (UT) in the education sector
Atal Innovation Mission
To create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country at school, university, research institutions
- The scheme has two core functions
- Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and talent utilization
- Innovation Promotion
- The scheme includes
- Atal Tinkering labs
- Atal Incubation Centres and Atal Community Innovation Centres
- Mentor Indian Campaign
The aim is to identify and build future role model states
- NITI Aayog will work in close collaboration with the state government to design a robust roadmap of intervention, develop a program governance structure, set up a tracking mechanism
Aspirational district program
To transform most underdeveloped districts of the country
- It focuses on transforming 115 districts across 28 states that have witnessed the least progress along with certain development parameters.
- Cooperative Federalism: Local, state, and central governments work together to design, implement, and monitor measures to drive development in the district.
- The progress of each district will be monitored via a dashboard that has all the latest available data in the 5 sectors given by the District Collectors.
Government Initiative: Prime Minister's Office (PMO)
|Points to Remember|
PRO-ACTIVE GOVERNANCE AND TIMELY IMPLEMENTATION (PRAGATI)
Addressing the concerns of the common man and tracking and updating essential programs and projects of the Government of India, as well as projects flagged by the governments of the states
- It ensures cooperative federalism, as it brings India's government secretaries and state chief secretaries on one level.
- Improve and reengineer the CPGRAMS grievance databases, the Project Management Group (PMG), and the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation.
National Defence Fund
To collect the funds for the welfare of the members of the Armed Forces.
- It is used for the protection of Armed Forces veterans (including Para Military Forces) and their dependents.
- The Fund is managed by an Executive Committee, with PM as Chairperson, and Ministers of Defense, Finance and Home as Veterans.
PM National Relief fund
Its goal is to help people displaced from Pakistan. Now, it is used in some tough situations for citizens
- It also helps to partly defray medical costs such as heart surgery, cancer diagnosis, and acid attack, etc.
To read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here