Government Schemes: Ministry of Tourism
|Objective||Points to Remember|
- For the integrated development of theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- Central Sector Scheme
- 100% centrally funded for the project components undertaken for public funding
- The scheme focuses on the improvement of public services such as last-mile connectivity, Visitor reception centres, solid waste management, landscaping etc.
- It leverages the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) facility for
Central Public Sector Undertakings and Corporate Sector for this scheme.
- Fifteen thematic circuits have been identified and recently 5 new Tribal circuit project was also identified in Chattisgarh under this scheme.
ADOPT A HERITAGE/APNI DHAROHAR APNI PEHCHAN PROJECT
- This seeks to include public sector firms, private sector firms, and corporate citizens/individuals to participate more actively in the maintenance of Indian heritage.
- Close collaboration of Tourism Ministry with India's Ministry of Culture and Archeological Survey (ASI).
- Under this, the government invites public sector companies, private sector firms as well as individuals, to develop selected heritage and tourist sites across India.
- Selected one will be appointed as Monument Mitras for the development of tourist amenities in the selected heritage sites for an initial period of 5 years.
- No fund is given by the Ministry of Tourism.
NATIONAL MISSION ON PILGRIMAGE REJUVENATION AND SPIRITUAL AUGMENTATION DRIVE (PRASAD) SCHEME
- Establish basic infrastructure for tourism inside and around heritage monuments.
- This is a unique initiative of the Ministry of Tourism in close collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Archeological Survey of India (ASI).
- This aims to involve public sector companies, private sector companies, and corporate/individuals in making heritage and tourism more sustainable by building, running and sustaining world-class tourist infrastructure.
- To draw focus on the benefits of tourism, showcase the cultural diversity and propagate the principle of “Tourism for All”.
- It envisages large scale participation of public and industry stakeholders
- Components of the scheme:
- Dekho Apna Desh: To encourage citizens of Indian to visit their own country.
- Tourism for All: It will encourage tourism activities around the country at locations in all states.
To Read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
=Previous Year Solved Papers
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here