Government Schemes launched by the Ministry of Tourism in the past few years are very important for the upcoming UPSC Prelims 2020. The Ministry has the responsibility for the development and promotion of tourism in India. In this article, various schemes like Swadesh Darshan; Adopt a Heritage Scheme etc are compiled with to the point information.
The Ministry of Tourism is the nodal agency for the national policies and programmes formulation and for the coordination of activities of other Central Government Agencies, State Governments/UTs as well as the Private Sector for the development & promotion of tourism in the country. Union Minister of State for Tourism (Independent Charge) heads the Ministry.
प्रखर UPSC EPFO 2020: A 4-Month Master Course (Batch-6)(Bilingual)
START FREE TRIAL
Government Schemes: Ministry of Tourism
|Objective||Points to Remember|
- For the integrated development of theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- Central Sector Scheme
- 100% centrally funded for the project components undertaken for public funding
- The scheme focuses on the improvement of public services such as last-mile connectivity, Visitor reception centres, solid waste management, landscaping etc.
- It leverages the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) facility for
Central Public Sector Undertakings and Corporate Sector for this scheme.
- Fifteen thematic circuits have been identified and recently 5 new Tribal circuit project was also identified in Chattisgarh under this scheme.
ADOPT A HERITAGE/APNI DHAROHAR APNI PEHCHAN PROJECT
- This seeks to include public sector firms, private sector firms, and corporate citizens/individuals to participate more actively in the maintenance of Indian heritage.
- Close collaboration of Tourism Ministry with India's Ministry of Culture and Archeological Survey (ASI).
- Under this, the government invites public sector companies, private sector firms as well as individuals, to develop selected heritage and tourist sites across India.
- Selected one will be appointed as Monument Mitras for the development of tourist amenities in the selected heritage sites for an initial period of 5 years.
- No fund is given by the Ministry of Tourism.
NATIONAL MISSION ON PILGRIMAGE REJUVENATION AND SPIRITUAL AUGMENTATION DRIVE (PRASAD) SCHEME
- Establish basic infrastructure for tourism inside and around heritage monuments.
- This is a unique initiative of the Ministry of Tourism in close collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Archeological Survey of India (ASI).
- This aims to involve public sector companies, private sector companies, and corporate/individuals in making heritage and tourism more sustainable by building, running and sustaining world-class tourist infrastructure.
- To draw focus on the benefits of tourism, showcase the cultural diversity and propagate the principle of “Tourism for All”.
- It envisages large scale participation of public and industry stakeholders
- Components of the scheme:
- Dekho Apna Desh: To encourage citizens of Indian to visit their own country.
- Tourism for All: It will encourage tourism activities around the country at locations in all states.
To Read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
प्रखर UPSC EPFO 2020: A 4-Month Master Course Batch-6
AIM UPSC EPFO 2020: A 4-Month Master Course (English)(Batch-3)
BPSC 2020: A Crash Course
UPPCS 2020: A Crash Course
Are you preparing for State PCS exam,
UPSC & State PCS Green Card (100+ Mock Tests)
Check other links also:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here