Government Schemes: Ministry of Defence
|Few Points to Remember|
ONE RANK ONE PENSION SCHEME
The objective is to provide uniform pension to the Armed Forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service.
- The benefit of the schemes was provided from July 1, 2014.
- Its arrears will be paid in four half-yearly instalments. However, all widows, including war widows, will be paid arrears in one instalment.
- Persons who take the voluntarily retire will not be covered under this.
- The pension will be re-fixed after every five years.
Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti
The objective is to inculcate a culture of innovation and IPR in Indian Defense industry
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) is implementing the program.
- It aims at educating scientists and technologists in defence public sector undertakings and ordnance factories OFs to create more patents.
National Integration Tour
The objective is to give an insight into the rich heritage of the country.
- They are educational and motivational tours for the youth of Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern States.
- It's Objective to provide an insight into the rich heritage of the country and various developmental.
Make in India with fostering indigenous capabilities through design & development of required defence equipment
- The simplification of Make II scheme encourages the participation of the private sector in defence design and production and give a boost to Make in India program in the defence sector.
- The provision of 'Make' category in Defence procurement Procedure(DPP) is a pillar for realising the vision behind Make in India.
- Make II scheme is to be funded by industries and the projects involve the development of products/equipment for which no government funding will be provided.
To Read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here