Government Schemes: Department of Space and ISRO
| Objective|| Few Points to Remember|
To create a software application that enables users to explore a 2D/3D representation of Earth's surface
- It offers satellite data of 1 m resolution for more than 350 cities and supports many users for the needs of their remote sensing applications.
- The database also offers accurate data on household services and data on population census at district and village level, respectively.
YUVA VIGYANI KARYAKRAM (YUVIKA)
Aimed at imparting basic information about Space Technology, Space Science, and Space Applications to young students in an effort to arouse their interest in the emerging space activities fields.
- Three students from each State/ Union Territory to be selected to participate in this program every year covering CBSE, ICSE and State syllabus. All who have completed the 8th level and are currently learning 9th will be eligible for the program.
YOUNG SCIENTIST PROGRAMME
To instil and cultivate the fervour of space science in young minds.
- Three students from each of the 29 States and 7 UTs will be chosen under this 1-month program.
- Lectures and access to R&D laboratories and practical experience of building a small satellite will be offered to students mainly from class VIII.
Samvad with Students
The aim is to answer the questions of students and lift the scientific impetus
- ISRO has recently launched a student outreach program called Samvad with Students, where the chairman of ISRO meets the students during his outstation visits and answers their questions and quench the scientific thrust.
Unispace Nanosatellite Assembly & Training program (UNNATI)
Provide the participating in developing countries with opportunities to improve the assembly, deployment, and testing of nanosatellites.
- It is an initiative of ISRO to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first UN Conference on Outer Space Exploration and Peaceful Uses (UNISPACE+50).
ISRO designed an augmented reality application for Andriod devices.
- The application is composed of 3 Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) Dimensional (3D) models, RISAT, indigenous rockets such as PSLV, GSLV Mk-III, etc.
To read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here