Government Schemes: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
|Points to Remember|
Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS)
It aims to recognize and help future candidates for medals for the coming Olympic Games.
- This will provide personalized training for selected sportsmen at institutes with world-class facilities, and the elite athletes will also provide the more required support. It will also include a benchmark for athlete selection on a par with international standards.
Khelo India National program for the development of sports
The goal is to cultivate talent at the grassroots level by offering them a national platform.
- It is enforced by the Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry.
- Under the scheme, the talented players identified in priority sports disciplines at various levels will be provided annual financial assistance of INR 5 lakh per annum for eight years.
Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram
It focuses on youth ages 15-29, as described in the 2014 national Youth Policy.
- The youth will be made aware of the new umbrella scheme by the distribution of IEC materials for information dissemination.
- For the term 2017-18 to 2019-2020, the Union Cabinet has approved the continuation of the Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram Scheme.
National Service Scheme (NSS)
To create healthy connections, on the one hand, between students and teachers and, on the other, to build a positive connection between campus and community.
- It is a Central- Sector scheme.
- Launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year in 1969
- The University Grants Commission (UGC), led by Dr Radhakrishnan, has proposed the voluntary implementation of national service in academic institutions.
Mission XI million
The curriculum aims to inspire children to play football, develop healthy behaviours, and learn valuable life lessons in the spirit of teamwork and sportsman.
- The program will concentrate on games that can be adapted to a variety of field sizes and environments, with particular emphasis on small-sided play.
To read about other Ministry Schemes for UPSC Click Here
More from Us:
Daily Practice Quizzes, Attempt Here