SBI Clerk prelims result will be declared soon and it is crucial to start focusing on the complete knowledge of the SBI Clerk English syllabus to tackle this section in the exam. English is the major part of the SBI 2021 Exam and one has to clear this section to clear the overall cut off. Check the detailed General English exam pattern and syllabus for the SBI Clerk Mains examination below.
General English Exam Pattern for SBI Clerk Mains 2021
Let us first check the pattern of the General English section here.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
Key highlights of the General English section:
- There will be a total of 40 questions in SBI Clerk Mains in the English section.
- Only 35 minutes will be allotted to complete this section as there will be sectional timing.
- Each question will carry one mark each.
- A negative marking of 0.25 marks will be done for every wrong answer marked.
- The level of the section would be Moderate-difficult in the mains exam.
- You can expect some changes with regard to old pattern questions or the examiner may tweak the questions to give it a new form as IBPS does.
General English Syllabus for SBI Clerk Mains 2021
|Ace Reading Comprehension|
|Sentence Improvement or Sentence Rearrangement|
|Fill in the blanks|
|Odd one out|
Above mentioned topics are important from the examination point of view. If you look at the previous papers of SBI Clerk Mains, then most of the questions have been asked from these topics only. There can be a difference in the question language or difficulty level but the topics remain the same.
Read here: Complete SBI Clerk Mains syllabus 2021
Check how many questions are asked from each topic of General English based on the previous year's exam analysis.
English Language: Total Questions – 40 (Level Moderate)
This section covers topics from various topics like -
(i) Reading Comprehension – 1 sets = 10 Qs (Moderate)
(ii) Cloze Test – 10 Qs. (Moderate)
(iii) Para jumbles/Sentence Rearrangement – 5 Qs. (Moderate)
(iv) Sentence Improvement/Sentence Connector – 5 Qs (easy)
(v) Spotting Error – 5 Qs (Tough)
(vi) Fill in the blanks –5 Qs (Easy to moderate)
(vii) Sentence Connector - 5 Qs (Easy to moderate)
(viii) Odd one out - 3-5 Qs (Moderate)
We hope knowing the right syllabus with an expected weightage of each topic will help you prepare for the English section in SBI Clerk main. In case you have any queries, you can let us know below in the comment section. We will be happy to assist you.
What will you get in this course?
- 200+ Interactive Live Classes for complete conceptual clarity
- 10000+ Practice Questions covering all levels of difficulty
- 35+ Full-Length Mock Tests & 150+ PDFs
- Full coverage of Quant, Reasoning, English, Hindi, Computer & GA
Click here to access Test Series
Why BYJU'S Exam Prep Test Series?
- One-stop solution for practicing 14+ Bank and Insurance Exam mock tests.
- Mock Tests designed by Exam Experts as per the Latest Pattern.
- AIR and In-depth Performance Analysis.
- Covers Shortcuts, Tricks & Tips to solve the questions.
- 40000+ Students have cleared competitive exams at various stages.
Best of luck for the exam.
Sahi prep hai toh life set hai.
Commentswrite a comment