SBI PO 2019 FAQs: One of the most awaited recruitment of the Indian Banking Sector SBI PO 2019 Notification was finally released! The candidates aspiring to become a Probationary Officer must be curious to know about the complete details regarding the SBI PO notification 2019.
This year, there is one major change in the SBI PO Main examination pattern as compared to the pattern introduced in the previous year. There is a separate marking scheme for each section in the SBI PO Main Examination 2019 which was not present in the SBI PO Mains as well as Prelims Exam 2018.
To know everything in detail, Check it out now!
1. What is the starting and closing date of Online registration for SBI PO 2019?
SBI PO 2019 Online registration has been closed now.
2. When will the SBI PO 2019 Exam be conducted?
SBI PO 2019 Prelims will be conducted on 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019. The Main phase of the SBI PO will be conducted on 20th July 2019.
3. How many vacancies have been released by SBI for this year?
SBI has released the notification for a total 2000 posts which include 810 posts for General Category, 540 posts for OBC, 300 for SC, 150 posts for ST Category and 200 posts for the Economically weaker section (EWS). Apart from this, there are 93 PWD vacancies which include 20 (LD), 20 (VI) and 73 (HI) posts.
4. What is the eligibility criteria for SBI PO 2019?
- Candidates should possess a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. provided the date of passing the graduation is on or before 31st August 2019
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate can also apply, they also have to produce the date of passing the graduation on or before 31st August 2019
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply
5. I am in the final year of graduation. Am I eligible for this exam?
Yes, you are. But your eligibility is subjected to the condition that if called for the interview, you will have to produce a proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31st August 2019.
6. I have scored 59.5% marks in graduation. Am I eligible for SBI PO 2019?
In the official notification, there is no such mention of any percentage requirement. You just need to fill out the percentage obtained in graduation nearest two decimals in the online application. In case your college/university awards CGPA/ OGPA, the same should be converted into a percentage and indicated in the online application. If called for the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
7. What to fill as the category code in the application form?
While filling out the form, you need to mention the following category codes in the form -
8. How many times can I appear for this exam?
Students have the following number of attempts in this exam -
No. of chances
SC / SC (PWD) / ST / ST (PWD
The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010. Also, appearing in the Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance. If you have qualified for SBI PO Prelims earlier then it will be counted as an attempt. In the years in which only one written examination has been held
(i.e. no Preliminary Examination has been held), appearing in this examination will be counted as a chance.
9. What is the age limit for SBI PO 2019 exam?
- As on 01st April 2019, the minimum age of the candidate must be 21 years and maximum age must not exceed 30 years. It means that the interested candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.1998 and not earlier than 02.04.1989 (both days inclusive)
- There is the relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST Candidates and of 3 years for OBC candidates in upper age limit.
10. How do I apply for the SBI PO 2019 exam?
- In order to apply for SBI PO 2019, candidates will have to register themselves online through Bank's website www.sbi.co.in/careers or www.statebankofindia.com/careers and open the appropriate Online Application Form, available in the current openings. After registration, candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/Internet Banking.
- Only after the submission of the online application fee, the online registration of the candidate will be considered successful.
- Before applying, the candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the post as on the date of eligibility.
11. Is there any change in the SBI PO 2019 as compared to SBI PO 2018 with respect to the pattern of the examination?
There is only one change in the SBI PO 2019 as compared to SBI PO 2018. This year, there is a separate marking scheme for each section in the Main Examination.
12. What is the SBI PO Prelims 2019 exam pattern and what are the changes in it?
There are no changes in the SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019. You can check the exam pattern in the table given below :
|Name Of Test||No. Of Questions||Total Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||100||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||20 Minutes|
13. What is the exam pattern of the Mains exam for SBI PO Recruitment 2019?
SBI PO 2019 Mains Examination will be conducted for a total of 200 Marks. There is a separate marking scheme for individual sections as well. The detailed SBI PO Mains 2019 exam pattern is as follows -
|Name Of Test||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|Descriptive Test (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||50||30 Minutes|
14. Is there any penalty for marking wrong answers in SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam 2019?
Yes, in both the phases, 1/4 marks of the marks allotted to the question will be deducted for a wrong answer marked by the candidate. There is no penalty if the candidate has left the answer unmarked.
15. What is the selection criteria for the SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains exam 2019?
For SBI PO Prelims Exam 2019-:
- On completion of the SBI PO Prelims Exam 2019, a category wise merit list will be released. This merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks (Overall cutoff) scored in the SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- The number of candidates that are to be shortlisted for the Main Examination will be approximately 10 times the number of available vacancies (for each category)
- There is NO Sectional Cutoff in SBI PO Prelims Exam 2019
For SBI PO Mains Exam 2019 -
- To select candidates for the next stage i.e Group Exercise and Interview, a category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of aggregate marks scored in SBI PO Mains Examination
- Approximately 3 times of the category wise vacancies, the candidates will be shortlisted from the top of the merit list subject to a candidate scoring minimum qualifying score in aggregate(overall)
- There is no sectional cutoff in SBI PO Mains Exam 2019.
16. What is the Application fee for SBI PO 2019?
Following are the application fee details for SBI PO 2019 -
750/- (Application Fee including intimation charges)
125/- (Intimation Charges Only
17. Is there any bond for the selected candidates in SBI PO Recruitment 2019?
- The candidates who get final selection will be exposed to basic banking knowledge, before joining, through an online course and will have to mandatorily complete this course before joining.
- At the time of joining, the selected candidates will have to execute a Bond for a value of Rs 2.00 lac (Rs Two lac only) to serve the Bank for a minimum period of
- If a candidate resigns before completing the three years from the date of joining then he/she will be liable to pay the bond amount to the SBI.
18. Whom should I contact if I have any problem while filling up the application form?
SBI has provided a help desk number for the same. In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/ intimation charges or receipt of Admission/ call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427(between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge their query on http://cgrs.ibps.in. Candidates should mention ‘RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN STATE BANK OF INDIA-2019’ in the subject of the email.
Note - Make sure that you save a copy of the online Application form since it would be required at the time of Group Exercise/Interview!
Comment below if you have any doubts related to the SBI PO Recruitment 2019, we will be happy to help our users!
You can apply online for SBI PO 2019 from the link below -
You can also go through the official notification of SBI PO 2019 from the link below -
SBI PO 2019 Detailed Official Notification
Step up your preparation for SBI PO Exam 2019, attempt Mock Test Now -
Attempt free SBI PO Free Mock Test Here!
For in-depth conceptual clarity in all topics for SBI PO 2019 exam, take a look at the SBI PRO Course 2019. Prepare with expert faculty who have vast teaching experience for CAT and Banking exams. This is the best possible utilization of your time to become ready for the exam. For more details, call on 9650052904 or follow the link below.
Prep Smart, Score Better, Go Gradeup
Commentswrite a comment