Different Methods of Population Control
There are many various methods of population control in human beings such as :
- Contraception: Contraception or birth control is used to prevent pregnancies during intercourse.
- Child Tax: Levying child tax can help in controlling the overflowing population.
- One-Child Policy: As per China's one-child policy, people are only allowed to have only a single child.
- Sterilization: It is a medical procedure that intentionally leaves a person (male or female) unable to reproduce.
- Medical Abortion: Medical abortions can help eliminate unwanted pregnancies.
- Family Planning: Family planning involves making better decisions about reproducing.
Overpopulation can be the cause of threats like over exploitation of resources, environmental damage, etc. With the help of population control methods, it becomes possible to avoid such dangers. Various methods of population control such as one child policy and child tax can be considered as a legal obligation among the people.
On the other hand, the encouragement of sterilization and contraception are not perceived as such a harsh measure. In the long run, however, family planning and educating people about the need for population control can help the most.