1. Tennis phenom Coco Gauff won US Open women's singles final 2023
- American teenager Coco Gauff has won the US Open 2023, clinching her first Grand Slam title with a battling win over Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus.
- The championship match marked the first appearance by both athletes in a U.S. Open final.
- She last played in a Grand Slam final in 2022, losing the French Open to Iga Swiatek.
- In August 2023, the teen won the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, becoming the youngest player to do so.
2. Britain’s Salisbury and partner Ram won third straight US Open double title
- American Rajeev Ram and Britain's Joe Salisbury rallied from a set down to beat India's Rohan Bopanna and Australian Matthew Ebden to win an Open-era record third straight U.S. Open men's doubles title 2023.
- The last pair to win three straight U.S. Open men's doubles titles were Tom Bundy and Maurice McLoughlin.
- The title is the fourth for the duo, who also won the Australian Open in 2020, and gives Salisbury a sixth Grand Slam title across the men's and mixed doubles.
3. MoU Signed Between Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya Vadodara And Airbus
- A MoU was signed between Gati Shakti Vishwavidyalaya (GSV), Vadodara, and Airbus in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Railways Ashwini Vaishnaw.
- Aim: To enable the co-development and co-delivery of sector-relevant skilling, courses, and programs for regular students and working professionals and scholarship programs.
- Objective: To become the biggest source of talent for the entire transportation industry in the country and for the world.
4. INS Sumedha Arrived In Egypt To Participate In ‘Exercise BRIGHT STAR-23’
- In a development highlighting India's growing presence on the global military stage, the Indian Navy's INS Sumedha arrived at Port Alexandria, Egypt, to take part in 'Exercise Bright Star-23.'
- It marks a historic occasion, with 34 countries participating, making it the largest joint military exercise ever held in the Middle East and North Africa region.
- The Harbour Phase involves an array of activities aimed at planning and executing the Sea Phase
Banking & Finance
5. SBI Unveils Nation First Transit Card For Digital Fare Payments
- The State Bank of India has launched the ‘Nation First Transit Card’ to facilitate the seamless and convenient customer commuting experience
- Aim: To ensure easy digital ticketing fare payments in metro, buses, water ferries, parking, etc., through a single card and individuals can also use this card for making retail and e-commerce payments.
- It is set to revolutionize the commuting experience, and is aligned with the national vision of “One Nation One Card"
6. 21st EDITION OF INDIA FRANCE BILATERAL NAVAL EXERCISE ‘VARUNA’ – 2023
- Phase Il of the 21st edition of Varuna (Varuna-23) bilateral exercise between Indian and French Navy was conducted in the Arabian Sea.
- The exercise witnessed participation of guided missile frigates, tanker, Maritime Patrol Aircraft and integral helicopters from the two sides.
- Aim: To enhance and hone their war fighting skills, improve interoperability and demonstrate their ability to promote, peace, security and stability in the region.
7. PM Modi launches global biofuels alliance at G20 summit in New Delhi
- India launched the Global Biofuel Alliance at a G20 summit in New Delhi.
- The Global Biofuel Alliance is an India-led Initiative to develop an alliance of Governments, International organizations, and Industry to facilitate the adoption of biofuels.
- Aim: To position biofuels as a key to energy transition and contribute to jobs and economic growth.
- The Alliance which will help strengthen India’s position globally and will focus on collaboration.
8. Goa Governor Launches ‘Mashaal’ For 37th National Games
- Goa Governor P.S. Sreedharan Pillai launched ‘Mashaal’ for 37th National Games 2023 at a program held in Durbar Hall Raj Bhavan, Donapaula.
- The 37th National Games will be held in Goa from October 25 to November 9 2023
- The Governor also released anthem (theme song) of national games for which actor Amitabh Bachchan has given his voice
- He highlighted the nationwide participation expected for this prestigious event and the potential positive impact on Goa’s tourism sector
9. PM Modi to chair a session on the theme - One Future in G20 Summit
- In a significant victory for India's G-20 presidency, the member nations have unanimously adopted the New Delhi Leaders' Declaration.
- On the first day of the 18th G-20 Summit PM announced the adoption of the declaration by the bloc of world-leading economies during the second session of the G20 summit, titled One Family.
- Inclusive growth, accelerating actions to deal with climate change, and increasing medical supplies to be future-ready for health emergencies.
10. India-Brazil-SA-US commit to address global challenges
- Leaders of India, Brazil, South Africa, and the United States met on the margins of the G20 Leaders’ Summit in New Delhi
- Aim: To reaffirm their shared commitment to the G20 as the premier forum for international economic cooperation to deliver solutions for shared world.
- In this spirit, together with the World Bank President, they welcome the G20’s commitment to build better, bigger, and more effective multilateral development banks.