1. Priyanshu Rajawat lifts maiden world tour title at Orleans Masters
- Indian badminton player, Priyanshu Rajawat (21) has clinched the men's singles title of the Orleans Masters Super 300 tournament.
- He defeated Denmark’s Magnus Johannesen by 21-15, 19-21, and 21-16.
- While the women's singles title was lifted by Carolina Marín from Spain.
- Other Winners:
- Men's Double: Chen Boyang & Liu Yi (China)
- Women's Double: Rena Miyaura & Ayako Sakuramoto (Japan)
- Mixed Double: Chen Tang Jie & Toh Ee Wei (Malaysia)
2. Legendary theatre actor, Jalabala Vaidya passes away
- Legendary theatre actor & co-founder of Akshara Theatre, Jalabala Vaidya passes away at 86 in New Delhi.
- She was the daughter of Indian author and freedom fighter Suresh Vaidya and English classical singer Madge Franckeiss.
- She was awarded the Delhi government's Varisht Samman, Sangeet Natak Akademi's Tagore Award, Delhi Natya Sangh Award, the Andhra Pradesh Natya Akademi Honor, and Honorary Citizenship of the City of Baltimore, USA.
Banking & Finance
3. MUDRA Yojana completes 8 years
- The PM MUDRA Yojana has completed 8 years of its inception on April 8, 2023.
- As per the government data, around Rs 23.2 lakh crore has been sanctioned in 40.82 crore loan accounts under this scheme since its inception.
- About 68% of accounts under the scheme belong to Women entrepreneurs.
- 51% of accounts belong to entrepreneurs of SC/ST and OBC categories.
- MUDRA Yojana:
- Launched: 2015
- Aim: To facilitate easy collateral-free micro-credit of up to Rs 10 lakh
4. President takes a historic sortie in a Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter aircraft
- President Droupadi Murmu has taken a historic sortie in a Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter aircraft at the Tezpur Air Force Station in Assam on April 8, 2023.
- She flew for approximately 30 minutes covering the Brahmaputra and Tezpur valleys.
- The aircraft was flown by Group Captain Naveen Kumar, Commanding Officer of the 106 Squadron.
- She is the third President and second woman President to undertake such a sortie.
- The President is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces.
5. Indian Rafale fighter jets to participate in French Military exercise
- Indian Rafale combat aircraft will participate in a multinational exercise Orion, which will be hosted by France from the third week of April to May 5, 2023.
- The aircraft likely to take part in the exercise are likely to be from the Western Air Command of the force.
- While the French Air Force would be taking part in the wargames with its NATO and other allies with their Rafale and Mirage-2000 fighter aircraft.
Honours & Awards
6. Bharat Biotech wins award at World Vaccine Congress
- The Bharat Biotech has won the `Best Production /Process Development’ award as part of the Vaccine Industry Excellence (VIE) awards at the World Vaccine Congress 2023.
- The event was held during April 3-6 in Washington, USA.
- It is the world’s first producer of intranasal Covid-19 vaccine, iNcovacc.
- World Vaccine Congress: It is the largest global meeting dedicated to vaccines, from basic research to commercial manufacture, it covers the whole vaccine value chain.
National & International Organizations
7. Mumbai among cities with world's best public transport
- According to a survey, published by London-based ‘Time Out’ - a media outlet, Berlin (Germany) was ranked as the city with the best public transport system globally.
- It is followed by Prague (Czech Republic), Tokyo (Japan), and Copenhagen (Denmark).
- While India's city Mumbai secured the 19th spot and was the top-ranked Indian city.
- Mumbai's Suburban Railways form the backbone of public transport for a population of 12.5 million.
8. India gives USD 2 million to African Union Transition Mission in Somalia
- India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ruchira Kamboj has handed over the contribution of USD 2 million to the UN Trust Fund in support of the African Union Transition Mission in Somalia (ATMIS).
- Reason: New Delhi’s commitment to peace and stability in Somalia and the Horn of Africa
- Earlier, India had contributed USD 4 million to African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
- ATMIS was established on 1 April 2022.
National & International Organizations
9. Shah Rukh Khan tops TIME 100 Reader Poll
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan has secured the top position in Time Magazine's poll for its annual TIME100 list.
- For the second spot, the readers picked the Iranian women protesting for more freedom in the country's Islamic regime.
- The healthcare workers of the US made it to third place.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took the fourth spot, with each of them getting 1.9% of the votes.
- Lionel Messi secured the fifth spot.
10. Himachal Pradesh Sukh Ashraya Bill 2023
- The Himachal Pradesh government is planning to introduce the HP Sukh Ashraya (Care, Protection and Self Reliance of Children) Bill, 2023 in the State Assembly.
- Aim: To provide proper care protection, development, and self-reliance to orphans, semi-orphans, and specially-abled children in need
- Under the scheme government will also provide recurring deposit accounts for each child with contributions from the State government up to the age of 27 years.
Commentswrite a comment