Honours & Awards
1. Director Aparna Sen received lifetime achievement award at Jaipur Film Fest
- Veteran actor-director, Aparna Sen was honoured with the lifetime achievement award at the opening ceremony of the 15th edition of the Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF).
- She made her film debut in Teen Kanya (directed by Satyajit Ray) in 1961.
- She has directed acclaimed movies like 36 Chowringhee Lane (1981), Paroma (1985), Paromitar Ek Din (2000), and Mr and Mrs Iyer (2002).
- 282 films from 63 countries are being screened from 6th -10th January 2023.
Summits & Conferences
2. Union Min Anurag Thakur launches theme of Y20 summit
- Anurag Singh Thakur (Minister of Youth Affairs) has launched the themes, logo, and website of Y20 summit India in Curtain raiser event in New Delhi
- Future of Work: Industry 4.0, Innovation & 21st Century skills
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction: Making Sustainability a way of life
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation: Ushering in an era of No War
- Shared Future: Youth in Democracy and Governance and Health, Wellbeing & Sports: Agenda for Youth.
Banking & Finance
3. RBI to issue green bonds in two tranches of Rs 8,000 crore each
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced that first Sovereign Green Bonds (SGrBs) would be issued in two tranches for an aggregate amount of Rs 16,000 crore.
- The proceeds will be utilised for funding public sector projects seeking to reduce carbon emissions.
- The first auction would be done on January 25, 2023 while the second on February 9, 2023
- SGrBs will be issued through uniform price auction and 5% of the notified amount of sale will be reserved for retail investors
Banking & Finance
4. NABARD and ‘Hockey Wali Sarpanch’ inks pact to strengthen farmers
- Neeru Yadav, who is fondly known as 'Hockey Wali Sarpanch' has signed an agreement with NABARD to start the Farmers Producers Organisation (FPO) with the assistance of SIIRD (Society of Indian Institute of Rural Development).
- This initiative will strengthen farmers of Lambi Ahir Village, Rajasthan.
- It is a legal entity formed by primary producers.
- Producers such as farmers, milk producers, fishermen, etc, can form a company basis equity share.
Honours & Awards
5. President of India conferred 2022 Digital India Awards
- The President of India, Droupadi Murmu has conferred the Digital India Awards 2022 to the winners on 7th January 2023.
- The e-NAM (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare) was awarded the platinum award in Digital Empowerment of Citizens category.
- The e-Vivechna App (Madhya Pradesh) was awarded the platinum award in Digital Initiatives at Grassroots Level.
- The Mine Mitra (Uttar Pradesh) was awarded in Digital Initiatives for Ease of Doing Business category.
6. BIS launches portal for mapping of industrial units and laboratories
- Minister for Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal has launched Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) portal for mapping of Industrial Units and Laboratories.
- It is a centralised platform.
- Aim: To provide information on industrial units and laboratories across the country.
- It will enable analysis of test facilities in the country and help entrepreneurs in accessing information about testing facilities.
- He has also launched Standards National Action Plan (SNAP) 2022- 27.
Books & Authors
7. Former CJI Ranjan Gogoi released book 'Chief Minister's Diary No.1'
- Former Chief Justice of India and member of the Rajya Sabha, Ranjan Gogoi has released a book titled 'Chief Minister's Diary No.1'.
- This book containing the account of events of the first year in office of Assam CM, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- The book featured accounts of daily activities he undertook as a Chief Minister.
- His diary essentially featured the growth initiatives that the state has witnessed over the last 11 months.
8. BSE signs MoU with Goa govt to promote development of SMEs
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has joined hands with the government of Goa for the development of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the state.
- The exchange will look at creating awareness amongst SMEs in the state on the benefits of listing on the exchange.
- BSE will also guide them on the efficient ways of raising capital through equity infusion.
- The exchange will also provide training and capacity-building support to District Industries Centre officials.
9. Chhattisgarh celebrates traditional ‘Cherchera’ festival
- Chhattisgarh CM, Bhupesh Baghel has celebrated the traditional Cherchera festival at Dudhadhari Math in Raipur.
- This traditional festival is celebrated on the full moon night of ‘Paush’ Hindu calendar month.
- It is celebrated in the happiness of taking the crops to their homes after cultivation.
- According to mythological belief, on this day Lord Shankar has begged from Mata Annapurna, so people used to donate green vegetables along with paddy on this day.
10. Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates Marjing Polo statue in Manipur
- Union Home Minister, Amit Shah has inaugurated the 122-foot-high Sagol Kangjei Statue at the Ibudhou Marjing complex at Heingang in Imphal, Manipur.
- He has also inaugurated and laid foundation stones for several projects in the state.
- He has also inaugurated Churachandpur Medical College and hoisting of 175 feet tall National flag at INA headquarters, Moirang.
- Sagol Kangjei: It is the name of the game of polo played in Manipur.