1. 9th edition of India-Sri Lanka naval exercise SLINEX begins today
- The 9th edition of Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise SLINEX will begin today in Visakhapatnam.
- The exercise will be conducted in two phases-the harbour phase at Visakhapatnam followed by the sea phase the Bay of Bengal
- SLINEX aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- Harbour Phase would include professional, cultural, sporting, and social exchanges.
2. JSW Energy signs power purchase agreement with HPPC
- JSW Energy’s Kutehr project has signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) with Haryana Power Purchase Centre (HPPC) for supply of 240 MW hydro power.
- The PPA is valid for a period of 35 years which can be further extended at mutually agreed terms.
- The PPA was signed at a levelised ceiling tariff of ₹4.50/kWh (at ex bus-bar).
- The PPA capacity was selected through competitive bidding underexpression of interest invited by the HPPC in July 2018.
Banking & Finance
3. FICCI Ladies Organisation to inaugurate industrial park in Hyderabad
- To mark the 20th anniversary of the FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) and International Women’s Day, a 50-acre exclusive industrial park for women entrepreneurs is all set to be inaugurated in Hyderabad.
- The FLO Industrial Park, which already has 25 women-led enterprises from diverse sectors, is being taken up in association with the Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (TSIIC) and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
4. Jan Aushadhi Diwas 2022: 7th March
- Every year on 7th March, India celebrates Jan Aushadhi Diwas.
- This year marks the 4th edition of Janaushadhi Diwas.
- The day is celebrated to educate the general public about the benefits of the Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.
- This year's event is a week-long affair that began on March 1 and will end on March 7, 2022.
- The event is an initiative by the Department of Pharmaceuticals which functions under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
National & International Appointments
5. CII Maharashtra elects Sriram Narayanan as chairman
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Maharashtra State Council has elected Sriram Narayanan, Managing Director, Endress+Hauser (India) Automation Instrumentation as the New Chairman of CII Maharashtra State Council 2022-23.
- Robin Banerjee, Managing Director, Caprihans India Limited has been elected as vice-chairman of CII Maharashtra State Council.
- Mr Narayanan succeeds Sudhir Mutalik, Founder & Managing Director, Positive Metering Pumps.
Summits & Conferences
6. India Global Forum (IGF) annual summit held in Bengaluru
- India Global Forum’s (IGF) annual summit is being organized in Bengaluru.
- The theme of the summit is ‘The New India Inc.’
- The summit will bring together eminent faces of tech-driven disruption and those who have joined the unicorn club along with Union ministers, policymakers, and global business leaders.
- This comes as the first-of-its-kind confluence, particularly after the incentives announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the budget.
7. India adds record 10 gigawatt solar capacity in 2021: Report
- In the report titled 'Annual 2021 India Solar Market Update' published by Mercom India Research, India installed a record 10 GW of solar capacity during the calendar 2021.
- It registered a year-on-year rise of 212%
- The country had made 3.2 GW of solar capacity installations during 2020.
- Cumulative solar installed capacity in India was approx 49 GW at the end of Dec 2021.
- In 2021, Rajasthan led the capacity addition with 4.5 GW of solar capacity installed.
Banking & Finance
8. Bharti Airtel, Axis Bank announce strategic partnership
- Bharti Airtel and Axis Bank announced a strategic partnership to introduce a series of innovative financial offerings and digital services.
- These include a co-branded credit card, pre-approved instant loans, and Buy Now Pay Later offerings.
- ‘Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card’ has been launched to offer a host of benefits such as cashback, special discounts, digital vouchers and complimentary services to Airtel customers.
- Airtel tagline: 'Express Yourself'
Books & Authors
9. ‘The Blue Book’ authored by by Amitava Kumar
- Indian writer and journalist Amitava Kumar has authored a book titled ‘The Blue Book: A Writer’s Journal’.
- The book has been published by HarperCollins India.
- The Blue Book is a landmark work of ‘self-writing’, or what Michael Foucault would have called ‘hypomnemata’—a memory book with hybrid literary and artistic parentage.
10. India’s first green charging station in the pipeline
- In a first-of-its-kind initiative, the National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV) is constructing a green charging hub along the Jaipur-Delhi-Agra E-highway.
- NHEV is an organization for promoting the electrification of the country's transportation systems
- The new initiative is unique in a way of using green construction techniques for such Electric Vehicle (EV) stations with net-zero carbon infrastructure.
- In 2022, 2 EV charging stations were inaugurated in Gurugram
11. Former Army Chief Gen Sunith Francis Rodrigues passes away
- The 15th Chief of the Army Staff General (retd) Sunith Francis Rodrigues passed away.
- He headed the Indian Army between 1990 and 1993 and served as the governor of Punjab between 2004 and 2010.
- Known as a thinker and strategist, he leaves behind a legacy of utmost dedication and service to the nation.
- He served two terms on the National Security Advisory Board.
- The 32nd Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee from 1 August 1991 – 30 June 1993.