Honours & Awards
1. JC Chaudhry achieves 2022 Guinness World Record on Numerology
- India's top numerologists, JC Chaudhry has achieved first-ever Guinness World Record in Numerology and the first world record of 2022
- He educated about ancient science to around 6000 participants, enthusiasts of numerology from USA, UK, Middle East and India
- The initiative was organized by Chaudhry Nummero Pvt Ltd (CNPL) and Indian Institute of Numerology to create awareness regarding numerology, which was prevalent across ancient cultures like Greece, Egypt and India
2. Mithali Raj to lead India's 15-member squad at World Cup 2022
- Mithali Raj has been selected to lead India's 15-member squad at Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022.
- India’s 15-member squad for ICC Women's World Cup 2022 has been announced by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which will be played between March 4 and April 3 in New Zealand.
- Harmanpreett Kaur will be deputy lead at the World Cup.
- Among the notable absentees from squad are fast bowler Shikha Pandey and in-form batter Jemimah Rodrigues.
3. Smart cities and Academia Towards Action & Research (SAAR) program
- Smart Cities Mission has launched ‘Smart cities and Academia Towards Action & Research (SAAR)’ program.
- It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, National Institute of Urban Affairs and leading Indian academic institutions of the country.
- Under the program, 15 premier architecture & planning institutes of the country will be working with Smart Cities to document landmark projects undertaken by Smart Cities Mission.
4. Union Minister launched theme of National Science Day 2022
- Science and Technology Minister, Jitendra Singh has launched the theme of National Science Day 2022.
- Theme of National Science Day 2022: Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future.
- National Science Day is observed every year on 28th February to mark the discovery of the Raman effect.
- Science integration is based on four pillars, all of which work together with all science ministries for problem-solving theme-based approaches, technology, etc.
5. Logo and Mascot of National Youth Festival 2022 in Puducherry unveiled
- Union Minister, Anurag Thakur and Lt. Governor of Puducherry, Tamilisai Soundararajan has unveiled Logo and Mascot of the 25th National Youth Festival to be held in Puducherry from 12th to 16th January 2022.
- He also unveiled the tagline of National Youth Festival, Shaksham Yuva Shashakth Yuva meaning Capable Youth- Forceful Youth, Able Youth- Strong Youth.
- National Youth Festival is organized by Government of India every year in collaboration with one of the States
6. Gujarat CM launches Student Start-ups and Innovation Policy 2.0
- Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel has launched Student Start-ups and Innovation Policy (SSIP) 2.0, during two-day International Conference on Academic Institutions at Gujarat Science City in Ahmedabad.
- Aim: to financially support school students in innovation.
- This policy has a provision of setting up active innovation and incubation centres across all universities in the state.
- It intends to cover 50 lakh students across One thousand higher education institutes.
7. TEC releases ‘Code of Practice for securing consumer Internet of Things
- Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC), under Dept of Telecommunications has released ‘Code of Practice for Securing Consumer Internet of Things (IoT)’ report as a baseline requirement aligned with global standards and best practices
- These guidelines will help in securing consumer IoT devices & ecosystem as well as managing vulnerabilities
- It is intended for use by IoT device manufacturers, Service providers/ system integrators and application developers etc.
8. Centre issues guideline for restructuring under Sugar Development Fund Rule
- Centre has issued guidelines for restructuring under Sugar Development Fund Rules 1983 under Rule 26
- Outstanding amount of default of SDF loans: Rs. 3068.31 crores, which include Rs. 1249.21 crores as Principal amount, Rs. 1071.30 crores as interest, Rs. 747.80 crores as additional interest due to default.
- These guidelines are uniformly applicable for SDF loans availed by Co-operative Societies, Private Limited Companies, Public Limited Companies
Summits & Conferences
9. 19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) held
- The 19th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has been held under the chairmanship of Bhupender Yadav
- He underlined the need to meetings of NTCA in the first week of April, August & December every year
- Effective management of tiger population is imperative to have reliable estimate of tiger number at Tiger Reserve & Landscape Level
- 5th cycle of All India Tiger Estimation which is currently underway will help in taking correct policy decision
10. Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone National Highways in Uttar Pradesh
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated and laid foundation stone for 821 km of National Highways worth Rs 26778 crore in Uttar Pradesh.
- He laid foundation stones in Kanpur for 8 National Highway projects worth Rs. 14,199 Crores, in Lucknow for 16 National Highway projects worth Rs. 7409 Crore and in Shringverpur Dham, Prayagraj for 4 National Highway projects worth Rs. 5169 Crore.
11. Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi sets a record of 19000 flying hours
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) sets a new record of 19000 flying hours in 2021 as against an average yearly flying output of 15000 per year during the previous five years while it was 11641 hours in 2020.
- During concurrent period, 66 cadets have graduated as against 43 during the previous year. The achievement becomes more significant when it is done with a reduced fleet strength of 18 aircraft as against 24 during the previous years.
12. Govt launches 6 brands developed as part of 'One District-One Product'
- Union Minister Pashupati Kumar Paras has launched six brands developed as part of 'One District-One Product' approach under Pradhan Mantri Formalization of Micro food processing Enterprises Scheme (PM-FMFPES) in New Delhi
- Six products: Amrit Phal, Cori Gold, Kashmiri Mantra, Madhu Mantra, Somdana, and Whole Wheat Cookies of Dilli Bakes.
- PM-FMFPES: centrally sponsored scheme to enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in unorganized segment
13. Odisha’s Ganjam district is now free of child marriages
- Odisha’s Ganjam district was declared child marriage-free with effect from January 3, 2022, after collecting detailed information about all weddings that took place in 2020 and 2021
- Ganjam district administration has increased the reward for people informing about the occurrence of child marriage to Rs 50,000 from Rs 5,000
- Ganjam: 1st district in the state that has been declared child marriage-free
- The district has been known to be severely affected by child marriages