Honours & Awards
1. Indian music composer, Ricky Kej wins third Grammy for 'Divine Tides'
- Indian music composer, Ricky Kej won his third Grammy Award in the best new age album category for 'Divine Tides' at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
- He has shared this award with Stewart Copeland, who collaborated with Kej on the album.
- Stewart Copeland is a Drummer of the iconic British rock band The Police.
- Record of the Year: About Damn Time by Lizzo
- Album of the Year: Harry's House by Harry Styles
- Song of the Year: Just Like That
Summits & Conferences
2. CAG's 6th SCO SAI Leaders’ Meeting to begin in Lucknow
- The 6th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Supreme Audit Institutions (SAI) Leaders’ Meeting is being hosted by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) in Lucknow on 6th February 2023.
- The meeting was inaugurated by the Governor of Uttar Pradesh, Anandiben Patel.
- Theme: 'Integrating Emerging Technologies in Audit'
- Discussions topics: Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security, and concerns of digital technology.
- CAG: Girish Chandra Murmu
Summits & Conferences
3. Youth -20 meeting begins in Guwahati
- The first meeting of the Youth -20 engagement group under India's G20 presidency is being organized in the IIT-Guwahati campus, Assam on 6th February 2023.
- Aim: Provide an opportunity for the students to voice their opinions to the audience worldwide.
- More than 150 Youth delegates from G20 countries are set to participate in the meetings.
- Over 12000 college and university students also participated in these events.
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister: Anurag Singh Thakur
4. PM inaugurates India Energy Week 2023 in Bengaluru
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 'India Energy Week 2023' in Bengaluru, which is being held from 6th to 8th February 2023.
- Aim: To showcase India's rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse
- It will bring together leaders from the energy industry, governments, and academia to discuss the challenges and opportunities that a responsible energy transition presents.
- During the program, he has also launched multiple initiatives in the field of green energy.
5. Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf passes away
- Former President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf passed away at the age of 79 in Dubai.
- He ruled Pakistan from 1999 to 2008.
- He has been declared a fugitive in the former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto murder case and Red Mosque cleric killing case.
- In March 2014, he was indicted for suspending the Constitution on November 3, 2007.
- In December 2019, a special court handed Musharraf a death sentence in the high treason case against him.
6. Bangladesh will receive electricity from power plant in Jharkhand
- Bangladesh minister, Nasrul Hamid has informed that Bangladesh would receive electricity from the Godda power plant in Jharkhand from March 2023.
- 750MW of power will come from the first unit of the Adani power plant in Godda in March 2023.
- Another 750 MW of power will come from the second unit of the Godda power plant in April 2023.
- The Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) signed an agreement with the Adani group for importing electricity from its plant at Godda.
7. India, France, UAE join hands to boost ties in defence, energy
- India, France, and the UAE announced a formal trilateral cooperation initiative in the areas of defense, nuclear energy, and technology.
- The Foreign Ministers of the three countries held a telephonic meeting to adopt a roadmap for the implementation of this initiative.
- Aim: To promote the design and execution of cooperation projects in the fields of energy
- The countries will discuss further collaboration and training between their defense forces.
Banking & Finance
8. Reliance retail becomes first to accept digital rupee at stores
- Reliance Retail has become the first Indian retailer to introduce Central Bank Digital Currency, also known as the digital rupee.
- The company has piloted the use of the Digital Rupee in one store in Mumbai.
- The launch of this facility was in collaboration with Innoviti Technologies, ICICI Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- The Digital Rupees was first introduced by the RBI on December 1, 2022.
- Initially, It is limited to Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, and Bhubaneswar
Banking & Finance
9. RailTel bags ₹253.35 crore project from SBI for 4G connectivity to ATMs
- RailTel Corporation has received Rs. 253.35 crore project from the State Bank of India (SBI) for providing 4G LTE connectivity to 15,000 offsite ATMs across the country.
- It will also take care of the operation and maintenance of the entire network for a period of five years.
- The project includes the set-up of a Network Operations Centre (NOC), backhaul connectivity to the Data centre & Disaster Recovery centre of SBI, a live dashboard for SLA monitoring, etc.
10. Govt sets up task force to promote SSP fertiliser
- In a written reply to the Lok Sabha, the Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilisers Bhagwant Khuba informed that the government has set up a task force under the aegis of the Fertiliser Association of India to improve the quality of Single Super Phosphate (SSP) fertilizer.
- Aim: To promote its use as an alternative to Di-ammonium Phosphate (DAP)
- The government is promoting the combination of SSP and urea in a ratio of 3:1 in order to encourage its use among farmers
Commentswrite a comment