1. Wrestler, Antim Panghal wins gold in wrestling in 2022 National Games
- U-20 World wrestling champion, Antim Panghal has secured her gold medal in women's 53kg wrestling at the National Games 2022.
- She has defeated Priyanshi Prajapati of Madhya Pradesh to clinch the title.
- She hails from Haryana.
- While, Hina Khalifa (Gujarat) and Swati Sanjay (Maharashtra) won the bronze medals in the women's 53kg.
- Olympian gymnast, Pranati Nayak has won two gold medals at the Sama Indoor Sports Complex in Vadodara.
2. PM launches YUVA 2.0 scheme for mentoring young authors
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education has launched YUVA 2.0 - Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors.
- It is a programme to train young and budding authors (below 30 years of age).
- Aim: To promote reading, writing and book culture in the country.
- The launch of YUVA 2.0 (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with the Prime Minister’s vision to encourage the youth to understand and appreciate India's democracy.
National & International Appointments
3. ISRO Scientist, Dr A K Anil Kumar elected as Vice President of IAF
- Dr. A K Anil Kumar, Senior Scientist in ISRO, has been elected as the Vice President of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
- He is currently working as Associate Director, ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC).
- It is a recognition of ISRO's space endeavors and helps in promoting international collaboration.
- The IAF is the world's leading space advocacy body with 433 members in 72 countries.
- It was founded in 1951.
4. World Habitat Day 2022: 3rd October
- The United Nations observes the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day.
- This year, World Habitat Day will be observed on October 3.
- Focus: Growing inequalities and challenges in cities and human settlements
- The 2022 theme is “Mind the Gap. Leave No One and Place Behind”.
- In 1985 the United Nations has designated the first Monday of October every year as World Habitat Day.
- This day was first celebrated in 1986, Nairobi (Kenya) was the host city.
5. India's unemployment rate drops to 6.43% in September
- As per the data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the unemployment rate of India has been dropped drastically to 6.43% in 2022 September.
- Reason: On the back of increase in labour participation in the rural and urban areas.
- As per the data, unemployment rate was the highest in Rajasthan (23.8), followed by Jammu and Kashmir (23.2%) per cent, Haryana (22.9%), Tripura (17%), Jharkhand (12.2) and Bihar (11.4%).
6. Pegatron starts iPhone factory in Chennai, third such firm in India
- Pegatron (Taiwan) has become the third Apple vendor to set up a manufacturing unit in Chennai, India.
- The firm will invest around Rs 1,100 crore in the unit and generate around 14,000 jobs.
- The other two Apple vendors in India are Foxconn and Wistron.
- Tamil Nadu has also planned to develop Hosur, Coimbatore and Sriperumbudur as electronics manufacturing hubs.
- Major players in the state include Samsung, Foxconn, Tata Electronics and Dell among major investors.
7. Government launches Fit India Freedom Run 3.0
- The government has launched Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 at the Major Dhyanchand National Stadium in New Delhi on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- The third edition was jointly launched with a Fit India Plog Run by Kiren Rijiju (Law and Justice Minister) and Anurag Singh Thakur (Youth Affairs and Sports Minister).
- This event will go on till 31st of October, 2022.
- PM, Narendra Modi had launched the Fit India movement in 2019.
8. Rajnath Singh inducted indigenously-developed LCH "Prachanda" into IAF
- Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh has formally inducted the indigenously-developed Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) in the Indian Air Force at Air Force Station, Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
- It has been named as 'Prachanda'.
- It would be inducted into the 143 Helicopter Unit.
- It was developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL).
- This helicopter is powered by two Shakti engines and equipped with stealth features, all-weather combat capability, and armour protection.
9. Suzlon Energy founder, Tulsi Tanti passes away
- The founder, chairman and MD of Suzlon Group and Suzlon Energy Limited, Tulsi Tanti has been died due to cardiac arrest.
- He was also the chairman of Renewable Energy Council of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- He encouraged the wind revolution in India with the founding of Suzlon Energy in 1995.
- He operated his business from Ahmedabad and has settled in Pune since 2004.
- Tanti was also the chairman of the Indian Wind Turbine Manufacturers Association.
National & International Appointments
10. Sujoy Lal Thaosen appointed as the new director general of CRPF
- Senior IPS officer, Sujoy Lal Thaosen has been appointed as the new director generals of the CRPF
- He has replaced Kuldiep Singh (1986-batch), who was retired on 30th September 2022.
- He is a 1988-batch officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
- He is currently working as DG of SSB and holding the additional charge of ITBP
- While, Anish Dayal Singh has named as director generals of ITBP
- He is a 1988-batch officer (Manipur cadre) and currently serving as a special director in IB