1. India bagged Gold medal by Men’s Team in 50m Rifle 3P event
- Shooters Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar, Swapnil Kusale, and Akhil Sheoran clinched gold in the men’s 50m rifle 3P team event in the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou.
- Other Winners
- The women’s Team of Divya Thadigol, Esha Singh, and Palak won the Silver Medal in the 10m Air Pistol Women's team event
- Anush Agarwala won the Bronze Medal in the Equestrian Dressage Individual event at the Asian Games.
- To date, India secured 31 medals including 8 gold, 11 silver, and 11 bronze
Banking & Finance
2. Kotak Mutual Fund partners with CBSE to launch investor education
- Kotak Mutual Fund launched an investor education and awareness initiative called ‘Seekho Paiso ki Bhasha’ in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Aim: To improve financial literacy by conducting an extensive series of education and awareness programs aimed at empowering teachers across India
- Objective: To educate and create awareness, to around 75,000 educators with an aim to empower them and foster their growth of financial understanding.
National & International Organizations
3. Google launches Android Earthquake Alerts in India
- Google announced an Android Earthquake Alerts System to provide early warning alerts to users about earthquakes in their area.
- This System is already deployed in many countries but Google is now bringing it to India in consultation with the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the National Seismology Center (NSC).
- According to Google, this system works by turning your phone into a mini earthquake detector, using the accelerometer as a seismograph.