1. India won two silver; Women's trio in 10m air rifle and Men's double Rowing
- In Asian Games 2023, The Indian women's 10m air rifle team comprising Mehuli Ghosh, Ramita and Ashi Chouksey bagged silver medal.
- China claimed the gold medal in women's 10m air rifle team
- In Rowing, India secured silver medal in the lightweight men's double sculls event.
- Arjun Lal jat and Arvind singh representing India finished second
- In shooting, India grabbed its first medal.
2. India and UN launch joint capacity building initiative for Global South
- India and the United Nations launched a joint capacity-building initiative for the Global South.
- Aim: To share India’s development experiences, best practices, and expertise with partner countries in the Global South through capacity building and training programs.
- The initiative was announced at the India-UN for the Global South in New York.
- It also complements the India-UN partnership in the form of the “India-UN Development Partnership Fund”
3. 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS to be conducted in Alaska
- The 19th edition of YUDH ABHYAS will be conducted in Alaska, an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the US Army.
- The Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the exercise.
- The lead battalion from Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- Objective: To practice a series of tactical drills to enhance interoperability in conducting UN peacekeeping operations.
4. 19TH Asian Games, 2023 begins in Hangzhou, China in a colorful ceremony
- The 19th edition of the 2023 Asian Games began in Hangzhou city of China .
- The two-week extravaganza was declared open in a colorful ceremony by Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Over 12,000 competitors from 45 nations and territories are taking part in 61 disciplines.
- The impressive inauguration unfolded at the renowned Hangzhou Olympic Sports Center Stadium, often referred to as the Big Lotus.
5. PM flagged off nine Vande Bharat Express on 24th September
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off nine Vande Bharat trains.
- These new Vande Bharat trains are a step towards realising Prime Minister’s vision of improving connectivity across the country and providing world class facilities to rail passengers.
The new trains that are flagged off are:
- Udaipur – Jaipur Vande Bharat Express
- Tirunelveli-Madurai- Chennai Vande Bharat Express
- Hyderabad –Bengaluru Vande Bharat Express
- Vijayawada – Chennai VBE
6. World Rivers Day is observed on 24th September
- World Rivers Day is celebrated on 24th September 2023.
- The celebration of the world's waterways on World Rivers Day highlights the many values of our rivers and strives to increase public awareness about all rivers in the world and their importance.
- The annual global event also promotes the conservation and sustainable management of these vital natural resources.
- The theme chosen for this year's World Rivers Day is "Rights of Rivers,"
7. Former Italian President Giorgio Napolitano dies aged 98
- Former Italian President Giorgio Napolitano has died at the age of 98.
- The former president, who served from 2006 until 2015, was the first president in the country's history to be reelected to the office.
- He was the longest-serving and longest-lived president in the history of the modern Italian Republic.
- He was also the first official from the Italian Communist Party to visit the United States.
8. UM Jyotiraditya Scindia inaugurated new building of Tezu airport
- Union Minister for Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya M. Scindia inaugurated the New Terminal Building at Tezu Airport in Arunachal Pradesh.
- He termed Arunachal Pradesh as the future ‘Gateway of Bharat,’ where horticultural exports are poised to flourish.
- Tezu is currently connected to Imphal, Dibrugarh, and Guwahati.
- He further announced that Itanagar will soon be connected to Rupsi, Jorhat, and Delhi under the UDAAN-5 scheme of the Government of India.
9. IN signs MoU with Indian Institute of Science for technical collaboration
- An MoU between Indian Navy (IN) and Indian institute of Science , Bengaluru signed at New Delhi for technical collaboration and joint research & development
- Aim: To promote academic cooperation in the varied field of Engineering, enhance scientific understanding of technologies related to the defence sector and undertake new developments
- Objective: To provide a broader framework and enable both sides to enhance capacity building, solution to field level issues.
10. Israel unveiled its cutting-edge main battle tank, the Merkava Mark 5
- The Israeli Defense Ministry delivered the first models of “5th generation Merkava battle tanks” to the 52nd Armored Battalion belonging to the 401st Brigade.
- The introduction of the Barak tank marks an “extraordinary leap forward” into an innovative era for the Israeli Defense Forces.
- Aim: To collaborate effort between the Defense Ministry’s Armored Vehicles Directorate and the IDF’s Ground Forces and Armored Corps.