1. Bangladesh beat Nepal to clinch maiden 2022 SAFF Women's Championship title
- Bangladesh has secured the maiden SAFF Women’s Championship title at the Dashrath Rangshala Stadium in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The Bangladesh has defeated hosts Nepal by 3-1 in the finals.
- Sabina Khatun(Bangladesh skipper) has become the top scorer of the tournament with 8 goals in 5 matches.
- She was also named as the Most Valuable Player of the tournament for her extraordinary game.
- The Bangladesh won the fair play award also.
- Best goalkeeper: Rupna Chakma (Bangladesh)
2. Manipur CM N. Biren Singh launches 'CM Da Haisi' web portal
- Manipur CM N. Biren Singh has launched a web portal named 'CM Da Haisi' (Inform to CM).
- Aim: To receive complaints and grievances from the general public.
- The public can raise their grievances in the web portal by logging on to www.cmdahaisi.mn.gov.in.
- With the help of this portal, the complainants can also check the status of their complaints.
- This portal will be used by the Public Grievances Redressal and Anti-Corruption Cell stationed at CM Secretariat.
3. Indian Navy decommissions INS Ajay after 32 years of service
- Indian Navy has decommissioned INS Ajay after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the nation at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
- About INS Ajay:
- It was commissioned on January 24, 1990 at Poti, Georgia in the erstwhile USSR.
- It was a part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- Participation: Op Talwar during Kargil War and Op Parakram in 2001
- Chief Guest: Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh
Banking & Finance
4. MAS and IFSCA join hands to pursue cross-border FinTech innovations
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) have signed a FinTech Co-operation Agreement to provide regulatory collaboration and partnership in FinTech technology.
- MAS is Singapore’s central bank and integrated financial regulator.
- IFSCA is a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products in the International Financial Services Centres in India.
Banking & Finance
5. SBI, Remitly join hands for secure and easy remittance to India
- SBI has collaborated with Remitly to provide safe and simple remittances to India.
- The collaboration will enables NRIs to send money through SBI via Remitly to their family members by using mobile and web applications.
- Depending on the form and amount of transfers, Remitly provides superior exchange rates, immediate credits, and no remittance charge.
- The US Department of Treasury has certified Remitly as a money services firm.
Banking & Finance
6. SBI WeCare FD scheme for senior citizens extended till March 2023
- SBI has extended the deadline to invest in its senior citizen FD scheme, SBI WeCare FD, till March 31, 2023.
- Aim: To secure senior citizens' income by paying additional interest on term deposits.
- Period of Deposit: 5 to 10 years
- Interest Rate: Additional premium of 30 bps (over and above existing premium of 50 bps) over card rate for Public.
- Interest rate applicable to the FD will be 6.45%.
- It also provides availability of Loan Facility.
7. Andaman and Nicobar Islands become India’s first Swachh Sujal Pradesh
- Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has declared Andaman and Nicobar Islands as India's first Swachh Sujal Pradesh.
- He handed over the certificate to A&N's LG Admiral DK Joshi.
- All the villages of Andaman and Nicobar Island have been certified as Har Ghar Jal and verified as open defecation free - ODF plus.
- On World Water Day (22 March 2021) A&N Islands were declared to have achieved 100% coverage of rural households with tap water connection.
8. Bihar govt to introduce 'no-bag day' in schools
- The Bihar government is ready to introduce a 'no-bag day' rule in schools and a mandatory games period at least once a week to reduce the burden on students.
- Aim: To engage students in various activities which can positively impact their learning.
- As per the notification, the weekly ''no-bag day'' will have task-based practical classes.
- At least once a week, students will come to schools only with their lunch boxes. They do not need to carry books.
Honours & Awards
9. Swati Piramal conferred French honour for business, industry contribution
- Dr Swati Piramal has been conferred the top civilian honour of France 'Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur or Knight of the Legion of Honour' by Catherine Colonna (France’s Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs).
- She has been honoured for her contributions in the fields of business and industry, science, medicine, and towards strengthening Indo-French ties.
- She is the vice-chairperson of the Piramal Group.
- She has also received the Padma Shri in 2012.
10. International Week of Deaf People 2022: 19 to 25 September 2022
- The International Week of the Deaf (IWD) is observed on the full week ending on the last Sunday of September.
- In 2022, IWD is being observed from September 19 to 25 September 2022.
- The theme of the 2022: Building Inclusive Communities for All
- It is an initiative of the World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) and was first launched in 1958 in Rome, Italy to commemorate the month when the first World Congress of the WFD was held.
11. Dharmendra Pradhan launches Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan has launched Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme for students of classes I to V.
- The NEP 2020 is inspired by the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Ramkrishna Mission has a legacy of imparting applied education.
- NEP 2020 has emphasized on creating value-based educational programs for 9th and 12th in addition to creating programs for classes I to VIII.
National & International Appointments
12. VK Singh appointed as Ex-Servicemen Welfare Secretary
- Senior bureaucrat, Vijoy Kumar Singh has assumed charge as Ex-Servicemen Welfare Secretary.
- He is a 1990-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre and has an experience of more than 32 years in administration.
- He recently served as special secretary in Ministry of Textiles.
- Prior to this appointment, he had served as joint secretary in Department of Personnel & Training and had extensive interactions with Armed Forces personnel during his career in Punjab.
Books & Authors
13. Manoj Bajpayee released ‘Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan’
- Noted Film Actor, Manoj Bajpayee has released a book titled Muskurate Chand Lamhe aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan.
- The book has been released in presence of Information and Broadcasting Secretary Apurva Chandra in New Delhi.
- The book offers a collection of poems.
- This book has been authored by a retired IAS officer of UP cadre, Jiwesh Nandan.
- The book has been published by Shobit Arya, the founder and publisher of Wisdom Tree, an Indian publishing organisation.