1. Africa-India field training exercise, AFINDEX-23 to be held in Pune, India
- The 10-day Africa-India Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX 2023) will be organized in Pune, India from March 21-30, 2023 to strengthen the military ties between the countries.
- The India-Africa Army Chiefs Conclave will be held in Pune from March 28-29, 2023.
- The exercise will promote the idea of Africa-India Militaries for Regional Unity (AMRUT).
- A comprehensive validation exercise on the theme “Humanitarian Mine Actions and Peace Keeping Operations”.
2. 5th Poshan Pakhwada celebrations begins
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has organized the fifth Poshan Pakhwada from 20th March to 3rd April 2023 with various activities nationwide.
- Theme 2023: "Nutrition for All: Together Towards a Healthy India"
- Aim: To raise awareness about the importance of nutrition and promote healthy eating habits through Jan Andolan and Jan Bhagidari
- Poshan Abhiyaan was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 8th March 2018 to improve nutritional outcomes in a holistic manner.
Science & Technology
3. ISRO to conduct young scientist programme in Bengaluru
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is organizing a young scientist program named Yuva VIgyani Karyakram (YUVIKA).
- Aim: To impart basic knowledge on space technology, space science, and space applications to students of Class IX.
- Registration for the program has been started on March 20, 2023.
- The YUVIKA program will be conducted between May 15 and 26 at seven centers.
- Interested students studying in Class 9 as on 1 January 2023 within India are eligible to apply.
4. International Day of Happiness 2023: 20 March
- The International Day of Happiness (World Happiness Day) is celebrated every year on March 20 to create a kinder and happier world by urging people to adopt simple, daily practices to be happy.
- Theme 2023: Be Mindful. Be Grateful. Be Kind
- On 12th July 2012, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) proclaimed March 20 as the International Day of Happiness in its resolution 66/281.
- This day was first celebrates in 2013.
5. LG Manoj Sinha laid foundation stone for a ₹250-crore mall in Srinagar
- J&K LG, Manoj Sinha laid the foundation stone for a ₹250-crore mega shopping mall at Srinagar’s Sempora area.
- This shopping mall will be constructed by Dubai-based Emaar Group.
- It is the first “foreign direct investment” in the Union territory.
- It will be constructed over an area of 10 lakh sq. ft. and is expected to be completed by 2026.
- Later, he also participated in the India-UAE investor meet at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Conference Centre.
6. India on track to achieve energy independence by 2047
- According to the US Department of Energy's Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, India can achieve energy independence by its 100th year of independence in 2047.
- Study title: Pathways to Atmanirbhar Bharat
- It has been suggested that achieving this goal would result in significant economic, environmental, and energy benefits for India, including USD 2.5 trillion in consumer savings by 2047.
- It also reduces fossil fuel import expenditure by 90% ($240 billion) annually.
7. World Oral Health Day 2023: 20th March
- World Oral Health Day is observed globally on March 20 every year with the primary aim of creating awareness about the importance of oral health.
- The theme for 2023 is 'Be Proud of Your Mouth,' which is the same theme used for the past three years.
- World Oral Health Day was celebrated first on September 12, 2007, by the World Dental Federation (FDI).
- It is the birth date of Dr. Charles Godon (founder of FDI).
Banking & Finance
8. ICICI Prudential Life Insurance launches ‘ICICI Pru Gold'
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has launched ICICI Pru Gold.
- It is an innovative long-term savings product designed to enable customers to create an additional income stream to meet their diverse income requirements.
- Besides receiving guaranteed lifelong income, the life cover component in the product provides financial security to the family.
- This product is available in three variants i.e. Immediate Income, Immediate Income with Booster, and Deferred Income.
9. India, WFP sign MoU during Global Millet Conference
- The Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Ministry has signed an MoU with the World Food Programme (WFP) during the Global Millets (Shree Anna) Conference.
- The MoU between WFP and the Government of India for cooperation between 2023-2027 was signed in the presence of Agriculture Minister Tomar.
- The WFP is working towards promoting food self-sufficiency and supporting governmental and global efforts to ensure long-term solutions to the challenge of hunger.
National & International Appointments
10. Virat Kohli named Luxor's brand ambassador
- Luxor Writing Instruments Private Limited has signed cricketer Virat Kohli as its new brand ambassador.
- He will represent Luxor’s stationery products and help the company increase its appeal among young writers.
- He will also help to enhance the market position in the country.
- Luxor International Private Limited is a well-known Indian stationery manufacturer.
- Managing Director of Luxor: Pooja Jain Gupta
Commentswrite a comment