National & International Appointments
1. Sumant Kathpalia re-appointed as MD & CEO of IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank has approved the re-appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as managing director and chief executive officer (MD & CEO) for three years with effect from March 24, 2023.
- He was appointed as MD & CEO of IndusInd Bank in March 2020.
- Prior to joining IndusInd Bank, he had stints with Citibank, Bank of America and ABN Amro.
- Headquarters of IndusInd Bank: Mumbai.
- Founder of IndusInd Bank: S. P. Hinduja.
- Founded: 1994.
Books & Authors
2. Former President Ram Nath Kovind releases book titled 'Ambedkar and Modi’
- Former President Ram Nath Kovind has released a book titled “Ambedkar and Modi: Reformer’s Ideas Performer’s Implementation” in New Delhi.
- It illustrates life, works and achievements of Dr. B.R Ambedkar and presents a convergence between the ideals of Dr. Ambedkar and New India’s development journey.
- It has been compiled in 12 chapters by Bluekraft Digital Foundation and has a foreword by music composer and Rajya Sabha member Ilaiyaraaja.
3. PM Modi launches National Logistics Policy in New Delhi
- PM Narendra Modi has launched National Logistics Policy at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The policy ensures quick last mile delivery, end transport-related challenges, save time and money of the manufacturers, prevent wastage of the agro-products.
- PM also launched Unified Logistics Interface Platform (ULIP) that will bring all the digital services of transportation sector into a single portal
- Under this, Ease of logistics Services -E-Logs has also been started.
Arts & Culture
4. Varanasi declared as first SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital for 2022-23
- Varanasi has been nominated as the first-ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital for 2022-2023 at the 22nd Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit at Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- Regulations for the nomination of SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital were adopted at Dushanbe SCO Summit in 2021.
- SCO summit 2022 in Samarkand was the first in-person meeting of the grouping since the COVID-19.
- Headquarters of SCO: Beijing, China
- Current Secretary-General: Zhang Ming
5. PM releases wild Cheetahs in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- PM Narendra Modi has released 8 wild Cheetahs in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh, which has been brought from Namibia
- Cheetah was declared extinct from India in 1952.
- Cheetahs are being introduced in India under Project Cheetah, which is world's first inter-continental large wild carnivore translocation project.
- Out of the eight Cheetahs, there are 5 female and 3 male Cheetahs.
- Kuno National Park is part of the Khathiar-Gir dry deciduous forests ecoregion.
6. Swachh Amrit Mahotsav kick starts with Indian Swachhata League
- Indian Swachhata League kick starts Swachh Amrit Mahotsav, fortnight of activities to galvanize action around swachhata from 17th September 2022, Seva Diwas, till 2nd October 2022, Gandhi Jayanti.
- It began with whole-hearted participation and presence of highly motivated youth teams carrying with pride their own team identity.
- It is an inter-city competition played on the parameters of swachhata powered by the youth of the city.
Honours & Awards
7. CSIR’s Popular Science Magazine ‘Vigyan Pragati’ receives Rajbhasha Kirti
- CSIR’s popular science magazine ‘Vigyan Pragati’ has received National Rajbhasha Kirti Award at the Second All India Rajbhasha Sammelan held during 14th-15th September 2022 in the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Indoor Stadium, Surat.
- It was organized by Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Vigyan Pragati is one of India's best popular science magazines and was started by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) in 1952.
8. World Patient Safety Day: 17th September
- World Patient Safety Day is observed every year on 17th September to create awareness about different safety measures that should be taken to ensure patient safety.
- It is one of the WHO’s global public health days.
- It was established in 2019 by the 72nd World Health Assembly through the adoption of resolution WHA72.6 – Global action on patient safety.
- Theme of Patient Safety Day 2022: Medication without Harm.
9. ICAR launched KRITAGYA 3.0, National level Hackathon on crop improvement
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) with its National Agricultural Higher Education Project and Crop Science Division is organizing Hackathon 3.0 titled ‘KRITAGYA' on promoting ‘speed breeding for crop improvement’.
- It will provide an opportunity for Students and others to showcase innovative approaches and technology solutions to promote innovation for crop improvement.
- Registration for this event is open till 26th September 2022.
10. Union Minister Jitendra Singh presents ’INSPIRE’ awards to 60 Start-Ups
- Union Science and Technology Minister, Jitendra Singh has presented ‘INSPIRE’ awards to 60 Start-Ups and financial support to over 53,000 students
- It is instituted by Department of Science and Technology and these innovators will be extended complete incubation support for entrepreneurship journey
- Annual INSPIRE Awards-MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) competition attracted an unprecedented 6.53 Lakh ideas and innovations from all States