Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admission 2021: Rajasthan Technical University is likely to announce its application form for PhD Programme in various departments in June 2021; however, the dates are not confirmed yet. This university is situated in Kota in the state of Rajasthan. RTU DAT or Rajasthan Technical University Doctoral Admission Test is organised once a year at the university level.
Eligible candidates can apply online for the PhD programs on the official website. RTU offers a full-time and part-time PhD program in 3 streams, namely Management, Engineering, and Computer Applications. In this article, we have mentioned all the information related to the Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admission 2021, including the eligibility criteria, important dates and admission process.
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admission 2021
Rajasthan Technical University invites applications for PhD programs under different departments such as Engineering streams, MCA and MBA. This university is offering admissions for PhD programs under three categories. Eligible candidates can apply for admission under one of the categories mentioned below:
- FULL-TIME Research Scholars
- PART-TIME Research Scholars
- Conversion of Full-Time Registration to Part-Time and Vice-Versa.
The minimum duration of the program for Full-Time Scholars is 3 Years, and for Part-Time Scholars, the minimum duration is 4 years. The maximum duration for this program can be 6 years. The university offers two years' relaxation for women scholars and persons with disabilities for the PhD program under any categories.
Departments offering PhD Programs:
You can choose a PhD program from the 7 specializations of sciences, management & Engineering. Check all the departments under which Rajasthan technical university offers a PhD admission mentioned below:
- Management studies
- Computer application
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics & Communication
- Textile Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Highlights
Before discussing the eligibility criteria and important details, let's have a look at the basic information about RTU:
Rajasthan Technical University- Doctoral Admission Test
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
Mode of Application
Mode of Exam
RTU DAT Official Website
Purpose of Exam
To provide admission in the PhD. Program of University Teaching Departments and approved Research Technical University, Kota.
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Important Dates (Tentative)
The candidate can check all the important dates related to the Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admission 2021 mentioned below:
Online application form filling starts
Commencement of Choice filling
Last date of the online application
Document verification and interview of the qualified
Declaration of selected candidates for PhD admission
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Exam Pattern
Candidates who will apply for the PhD program must prepare as per the exam pattern to understand the nature of the examination. Check the exam pattern mentioned below:
Mode of Exam
Offline( Pen-Paper Mode)
No. of Questions
|100 (50 questions from General Aptitude and 50 questions from Subject specialization)|
Duration of test
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs)
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who will apply for the PhD Program must hold any one of the eligibility criteria For the Full-Time, Part-Time PhD, program at the Institute mentioned below:
A. Eligibility for Full-time Research Scholar:
- Candidates must possess a master's degree in the appropriate discipline of any recognized University/Institute or equivalent, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as defined by AICTE/UGC.
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate and completing an M.Phil degree can apply for the Full-Time research scholar program. Applicant
belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Differently abled shall be allowed for 5% relaxation decided by the UGC.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to the M.Phil degree of an Indian Institution from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment shall be eligible for admission to the PhD programme.
B. Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar:
A candidate who has completed a Postgraduation degree from any recognized University/college/institute with an aggregate of 55% marks (all semesters combined) can apply for the Part-time research scholar and must fulfil the qualification criteria to apply for it.
- An employer should permit in writing to pursue the PhD program and his/her regular duties in the organization in which he/she is employed.
- An employer should issue a certificate to allow him/her to fulfil the residential requirement during course work with the supervisor after completing the course work as notified by University from time to time.
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: How to Apply
Candidates need to register for admission to PhD Programmes and fill the application online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Rajasthan Technical University.
- Fill in all the details required, such as the candidate's name, mother's name, father's name and mobile number.
- The next step is to pay the application fee and note down the transaction id for the next step.
- To fill the online application form, the candidate must enter his/her transaction ID/token no. in the appropriate link and submit the form after filling in the required details such as Address for correspondence, Educational qualifications details.
- Take a printout of the application form and save it for future use.
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Application Fee
Check the application fee detail for RTU PhD Admission 2021 mention below:
- The candidate needs to pay Rs 3000/- for filling the complete application form for PhD admission online through the Bill desk gateway facility.
Addition charges will be applicable as per the rules of the concerned banks. The fee will not be accepted in any other mode.
Rajasthan Technical University PhD Admissions: Admission Procedure
According to the Rajasthan Technical University Laws and Regulations, admission in all PhD programs will be given. The RTU-DAT - 2021 shall be conducted at RTU's premises, Kota only.
- A list of the applicants eligible for the written test will be displayed only on the official website, and no individual communication will be made.
- After declaring the result for the written test on the official website, all the qualified candidates shall be invited for an interview on the notified date.
- The applicant shall be allotted the supervisor based on the area of interest of the supervisor, the interest area of the applicant and the mutual consent of both.
- The reservation in PhD programme shall be as per the Rajasthan State Government Reservation Policy. Applicants taking admission in the OBC/SBC category should have a valid certificate of a non-creamy layer as per the government of Rajasthan.
- University can fill the vacant seats in the absence of suitable candidates as per the rules and regulations.
We have tried to cover almost all the aspects required for the PhD admission announced by Rajasthan Technical University. We hope all your doubts regarding the RTU PhD Admission 2021 have been cleared. If you still have any doubts or queries, please ask below in the comment box. We will try our best to solve all your queries.
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep