Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has released the notification regarding admissions in PhD Programs under different departments for the academic session 2021-2022. The application form for AMU PhD admission can be filled by visiting the official website. AMU generally conducts the exam every year in August. Candidates who cleared NET/JRF/GATE/CSIR/DBT/ICAR need not appear for the exam, but they must go through the interview process before taking the admission.
The admission process consists of a written test of 80 marks followed by an Interview process of 30 marks. Students seeking admission for PhD programs can check the eligibility criteria, exam pattern and the selection process through this article.
AMU PhD Admission 2021
AMU conducts written test for PhD programs every year in august for various departments. Admission for PhD program done in two ways: Departmental Admission Test (conducted at Aligarh) and Entrance Exam (conducted at designated centres). Eligible candidates can check all the departments and apply for the same. AMU offers PhD program for different years as per the qualification criteria mentioned below:
- AMU offers PhD program for a minimum duration of 3 years and a maximum of 5 years, including course work. It can be extended up to 1 year on the Academic Council of Recommendation (RAC).
- PhD programs offer a minimum duration of 4 years for those admitted based on a B.Tech degree. The maximum period for this program will be 5 years.
- Relaxation of 2 years will be given to candidates with 40% disability and women candidates. Women candidates will be offered maternity leave for 240 days once in the entire duration of the PhD Program.
- For Non-NET candidates, the maximum age for the scholarship can be extended by 3 years.
Before applying for PhD programs, check all the departments which offer PhD programs mentioned below:
Departments offering PhD Programs:
You can choose a PhD program from the 9 specializations of sciences, languages & Engineering. Check all the departments under which Aligarh Muslim University offers a PhD admission mentioned below:
- Modern Indian Language
- Engineering & Technology
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Highlights
Before discussing the eligibility criteria and important details, let's have a look at the basic information about AMU:
|Name of the university||Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)|
|Conducting Body||The Office of the Controller of Examinations, Aligarh Muslim University|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Number of departments||9|
|Programmes||Arts, Science, Commerce, Agriculture, Social Sciences|
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Important Dates
The candidate can check all the important dates related to the Aligarh Muslim University PhD Admission 2021 mentioned below:
|Application form 2021 release||May 2021|
|Application submission last date||June 2021|
|Application form with late fee of Rs 200/-||June 2021|
|Eligible candidates for the admission test will be announced on||July 2021|
|Date of PhD admission test||August 2021|
|The result will be declared on||September 2021|
|Presentation –cum interview date||September 2021|
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Exam Pattern
Candidates who will apply for the PhD program must prepare as per the exam pattern to understand the nature of the examination. Check the exam pattern mentioned below:
|Section A (MCQs)||Research Methodology||40|
|Section B (Descriptive)||-||30|
- The written test for PhD programs will be 2 hours for 80 Marks.
- There will be no negative marking for any wrong answer.
- Each correct answer will give you 1 mark.
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for PhD admissions must fulfil one of the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Candidates with a bachelor degree or its equivalent recognized by the University and hold a Master’s Degree in the concerned field or its equivalent recognized qualification by the University are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Candidates must meet the above criteria with a minimum of 55% in the aggregate or its equivalent.
- 5% relaxation will be given in passing marks to the reserved categories.
- Candidates must score at least 50% marks in the Written Test to be getting shortlisted for the interview process.
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Application Process
Candidates need to register for admission to PhD Programmes and fill the application online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Aligarh Muslim University.
- Candidates have to register themselves first on the AMU official website.
- After the registration, fill in all the details required to complete the form.
- If candidates want to apply for two programs, they need to fill two separate forms.
- The next step is to pay the application fee and note down the transaction id for the next step.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form with an active mail id as all the communications will be done through the mail.
AMU PhD Admission 2021: Application Fee
Check the application fee detail for AMU PhD Admission 2021 mentioned below:
- The fee for AMU PhD admission 2021 is Rs 500.
- The fee must be submitted online through Debit or Credit cards and NEFT.
- Fee can be submitted via Demand Draft favouring Financial Officer, AMU Aligarh Payable at Aligarh.
- Candidate can also pay the fee via Challan of Canara Bank.
We have tried to cover almost all the aspects required for the PhD admission announced by Aligarh Muslim University. We hope all your doubts regarding the AMU PhD Admission 2021 have been cleared. If you still have any doubts or queries, please ask below in the comment box. We will try our best to solve all your queries. Share this post with your friends also.
Best of Luck!!
Sahi Prep hai to Life Set Hai!!
Go BYJU'S Exam Prep