What is CAT Critical Reasoning?
Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT are one of the trickiest topics asked in the CAT Exam. It is not directly asked in the exam, which is why most students neglect Critical Reasoning for CAT. You may know that there is no predefined CAT Syllabus. So, every candidate needs to have a basic knowledge of every topic. Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT are similar to reading competency questions, in which you will face passage-based questions. The authority asked CAT Critical Reasoning questions to check candidates’ ability to effectively find the correct answer.
Types of Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT
Although critical reasoning questions are not directly asked in the CAT Question Paper the candidates should practice CAT Critical reasoning to enhance their reading comprehension skills.
The types of Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT that are generally asked in the MBA Entrance Exams are listed below:
- Identify the premise on which the argument is based
- What is the assumption of the argument
- What can be inferred/concluded from the paragraph
- Which of the options, if true, strengthens the argument
- Which of the options, if true, weakens the argument
Critical Reasoning Questions and Answer for CAT PDF
Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT are asked in the form of CAT RC Questions under the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT. If the candidates practice CAT Critical Reasoning Questions, they will be able to solve RC passages efficiently, quickly and accurately. The candidates can check the Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT PDF attached below.
CAT Critical Reasoning Questions Sample
The Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT examine the candidate’s ability to analyze the given set of data and answer the questions. As Critical Reasoning for CAT of moderate difficulty level, it is essential that the aspirants learn the best way to solve them and practice numerous sample questions to ensure better preparation.
Given below is a set of passages along with the questions and answers for the candidates to get an idea about the Critical Reasoning Questions and Answers for CAT:
Question1: Which one of the following best expresses the similarity between American individualist anarchists and free-market liberals, as well as the difference between the former and the latter?
- A) Both reject the regulatory power of the state, but the former favour a people’s state, while the latter favour state intervention in markets.
- B) Both prioritise individual autonomy, but the former also emphasises mutual dependence, while the latter does not do so.
- C) Both are sophisticated arguments for capitalism, but the former argues for morally upright capitalism, while the latter argues that the market is the only morality.
- D) Both are founded on the moral principles of altruism, but the latter conceives of the market as a force too mystical for the former to comprehend.
Question 2: The author makes all of the following arguments in the passage, EXCEPT:
- A) Individualist anarchism is actually constituted of many streams, all of which focus on the autonomy of the individual.
- B) The popular perception of anarchism as espousing lawlessness and violence comes from a mainstream mistrust of collectivism.
- C) For anarchists, the state is the enemy because all states apply violence and terror to maintain their control.
- D) The failure of the French Revolution was because of its betrayal by the new class of politicians who emerged from it.
Question 3: According to the passage, what is the one idea that is common to all forms of anarchism?
- A) There is no idea common to all forms of anarchism; that is why it is anarchic.
- B) They all focus on the primacy of the power of the individual.
- C) They all derive from the work of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon.
- D) They are all opposed to centralising power in the state.
Question 4: The author believes that the new ruling class of politicians betrayed the principles of the French Revolution but does not specify in what way. In the context of the passage, which statement below is the likeliest explanation of that betrayal?
- A) The new ruling class rode to power on the strength of the workers’ revolutionary anger but then turned to oppress that very class.
- B) The anarchists did not want a new ruling class but were not politically strong enough to stop them.
- C) The new ruling class was constituted mainly of anarchists who were against the destructive impact of the Revolution on the market.
- D) The new ruling class struck a deal with the old ruling class to share power between them.
☛ See Also: CAT DILR Question
How to Prepare Critical Reasoning Questions and Answers for CAT?
If the candidates practice Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT, they will not only prepare for the CAT exam but also for other MBA exams. Therefore, the candidates should know the tips to solve the CAT Critical Reasoning Questions to score well in the CAT exam. Following are some of the tips that the candidate should follow to solve the Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT:
- The candidates should practice the elimination method while solving Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT. The assumption which matches the premise completely should be selected as the answer.
- Regular practice should be done to solve critical reasoning questions for CAT accurately and quickly.
☛ The candidates aspiring to take the CAT should practice BYJU’S Exam Prep mock tests to Prepare Logical Reasoning for CAT.
How to Solve Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT?
The Critical Reasoning Questions test the candidate's ability to analyze complicated RC passages. Reading Comprehension passages is sometimes very confusing and therefore becomes difficult for the candidates to answer them quickly and accurately. The candidates are therefore suggested to practice Critical Reasoning Questions for CAT to solve RC passages better. Find below the ways of solving CAT Critical Reasoning Questions.
- The candidates should go through the questions first and then move on to the passage to find the answers that will help to solve more questions.
- The next thing is that the candidates should follow is that after going through the questions he/she should try to eliminate the invalid answers and then select the correct option.
☛ Related Article