Chemistry Books for UPSC for Physical Chemistry
There are some suggested books for the Chemistry Paper of UPSC Mains Syllabus that will help you in preparing for your exam. Few Chemistry Books for UPSC are mentioned below.
- Principles of physical chemistry BY Puri, Sharma, and Pathway
- Advanced Physical Chemistry By Gurdeep Raj
- A Textbook of Physical Chemistry – Vol. 4 By Kapoor K L
- An Introduction To Electrochemistry By Samuel Glasstone
UPSC Chemistry Optional Books for Organic Chemistry
Here we have a lot of preparation books for Chemistry. Given below is a set of compiled lists of books for the Organic section.
- Advanced Organic Chemistry By Francis A.Carey and Richard J Wothers
- Organic Chemistry By Clayden, Nick Greeves, and S.Warren
- Principle of organic synthesis By Norman and Coxon
- Advanced Organic Chemistry By Reactions, Mechanisms, And Structure
- Organic Spectroscopy By William Kemp
- Reaction Mechanism in Organic Chemistry By Mukherjee and Singh
- Organic Chemistry By Stanley H. Pine
- Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds By P. S. Kalsi
UPSC Chemistry Optional Booklist for Inorganic Chemistry
There are a lot of best books for Chemistry for the Inorganic part. Some of the books for Chemistry UPSC are given below.
- Principles of inorganic chemistry by Puri, Sharma, and Kalia
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry By J.D. Lee
- Selected Topics in Inorganic Chemistry By Malik, Madan, and Tuli
Chemistry Books for UPSC PDF
Aspirants can simply download the list of the best Chemistry Books for UPSC from the link given below. Here is a compiled list of books that will help candidates in preparing for their exams.
How to Prepare with UPSC Chemistry Optional Books?
Candidates should have an idea of how to utilize the UPSC Chemistry Books in the proper manner to cover the entire UPSC Chemistry Syllabus properly. You must solve case study questions with the help of UPSC Question Papers with the right example and practical solution.
- Must understand the UPSC Syllabus: It is important to understand and analyze the structure of the syllabus carefully to score well in the examination.
- Opt for the Best Reference UPSC Books and Guides: Always choose the best preparation books in order to understand each and every topic of your syllabus.
- Make a Study plan: Create a study plan and prepare yourself accordingly. It will help you to devote fixed time to your studies.
- Prepare your own Notes: You should make your notes on the important topics and revise them on a daily basis.
- Practice Previous year Question Papers: After completing your syllabus, you should solve previous years' questions paper in a fixed time which will help you to know the weightage of important topics.
- Solve more and more mock test papers: Candidates must practice mock tests as it will help you to evaluate themselves. With the help of the mock test papers, you will find your weak points and prepare accordingly.