Cell Communication and Cell Signaling MCQ
Q.1 The function of macrophages is
- Enzyme secretion
- To engulf cell organelles
- To engulf foreign material
- To kill invading bacteria
Q.2 In a type I hypersensitivity-mediated asthmatic response, which one of the following is thought to contribute significantly to the prolonged bronchospasm and build-up
mucous seen in asthmatics?
- TGF Beta
Q.3 Which one of the following is not a G-protein coupled receptor?
- Epinephrine receptor
- Transferrin receptor
- Glucagon receptor
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor
Q.4 In a form of the stress response, bacteria synthesize a group of proteins called stress proteins (or heat shock proteins) such as DnaK, DnaJ, GroEL, GroES, And GrpE. DnaK is an ATP binding protein, which attaches to the newly synthesized polypeptide in conjunction with DnaJ. Which one of the following statements correctly states a step in the subsequent process of protein folding?
- The affinity of DnaK to the polypeptide increases upon hydrolysis of the ATP to ADP.
- DnaJ is an exchange factor that replaces ADP with ATP in DnaK.
- ATP hydrolysis is required for the phosphorylation of DnaJ.
- ATP hydrolysis is required for the phosphorylation of GrpE
Q.5 There is number of specific T cell surface molecules involved in various functions of adaptive immune response, Column X represents a list of T cell surface molecules and Column Y with the possible functional characteristics:
Which of the following option has all correct matches?
- A – (i); B – (ii); C – (iii); D-(iv)
- A – (iv); B – (i); C – (ii); D-(iii)
- A – (iii); B – (iv); C – (i); D-(ii)
- A – (iv); B – (iii); C – (ii); D-(i)
Q.6 Match the following:
- 1-i, 2-ii, 3-iii, 4-iv
- 1-iv, 2-iii, 3-i, 4-ii
- 1-ii, 2-iii, 3-iv, 4-i
- 1-iv, 2-i, 3-iii, 4-ii
Q.7 An organism is found to be mutant for G protein-coupled receptor kinase (GRK). What happens in cell signalling?
- Overstimulation of G- Protein mediated responses
- Desensitization of G-Protein
- Permanent inactivation of G-Protein
- Both A and B
Q.8 Where does the complementary determining region present in the immunoglobulin molecule?
- VL domain only
- VH domain only
- VL and VH domains
- VH and CHI domains
Q.9 Which one of the following is a type of Dendritic cell?
- Langerhans cells
- Lymphoid dendritic cells
- Myeloid dendritic cells
- All of the above.
Q.10 Cytokines exhibiting pleiotropy:
- show the different biological effects on different cells that they bind to.
- show a similar effect on binding different cells.
- mediate the biological functioning of the cells by antagonistic effect.
- None of the above.
|Answer Keys for Cell Communication and Cell Signaling MCQs|
|Question Number||Answer Key|
- Previous Year's Papers for CSIR-NET Exam: Attempt Here
- Study Notes for Part A: General Aptitude - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Chemical Science - Download PDF Here
- Study Notes for CSIR-NET Life Science - Download PDF Here
More from us:
BYJU'S Exam Prep Team
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.
App Link: https://bit.ly/3sxBCsm