CAT Preparation Daily Schedule and a routine-wise study is very important for aspiring candidates to crack this exam with a good percentile. The candidates who are preparing for the upcoming exam must follow a Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation, as the competition level of this exam is really high.
CAT Preparation Daily Schedule will help the candidates to make a routine-wise preparation for all the exam sections, important chapters and topics. As per the previous year's CAT Analysis, the overall difficulty level of this exam was moderate for all three slots. So if you want to have a high percentile in the exam, you must follow a strategic CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. In this article, BYJU'S Exam Prep experts have given some tips on making Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
CAT exam has seen a lot of changes in the exam pattern over the previous years however, the pattern remained the same for CAT 2021 and CAT 2022. The CAT question paper consists of both MCQ and Non-MCQ questions but there is no negative marking for the Non-MCQ questions. As per the analysis given by BYJU'S Exam experts the CAT exam difficulty level was Moderate. The CAT exam pattern as per 2022 is summarized below.
Number of Questions
Time (in minutes)
Expected Score for 99%ile
Easy - Moderate
- Section wise time limit was 40 minutes
- Marking Scheme is given below:
- +3 marks for every correct answer
- -1 marks for every incorrect answer
- 0 marks for not attempted questions
CAT 2023 Expected Paper Pattern (Our Take)
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Quantitative Ability (QA)
CAT Preparation Daily Schedule: Section-Wise Plan
Covering all the basics from all three sections should be the first step of making a CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. The Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation should be practical, and the goals should be attainable. So, to make a productive CAT timeline, the aspirants must keep the below guiding points in mind.
- You won't be able to improve your mock results in the later preparation phase unless you have a strong strategy for CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. You must focus on the basics.
- You can begin your preparation by attempting CAT Online Test and by solving the previous year's CAT Question Paper to identify your strengths and weaknesses and arrange your schedule appropriately.
Additionally, before drafting the CAT Preparation Daily Schedule to cover the CAT Syllabus, the aspirants must analyze the time it will take to complete all the topics of the CAT Exam. For this, they can divide the time as per their convenience for each chapter of CAT.
Here is a section-wise of the CAT Preparation Daily Schedule for your reference. The aspirants can create their own schedules as per their choices.
Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation for VARC
The aspirants can follow the CAT Preparation Daily Schedules below to ace the CAT VARC Questions.
- In VARC, start reading editorials and news papers. Brush up your reading skills to be able to read actual RC passages quickly.
- Completing the basics in the VARC portion should not take long; reading consistently and practising RCs daily are important to crack Reading Comprehension for CAT.
So, considering the CAT Preparation Daily Schedule, here is an approximate number of days that are required to complete each topic.
No. of days
Odd One Out
VARC Topic-Wise Distribution (2019-2022)
CAT Preparation Daily Schedule for DILR
For CAT DILR, you can make your study schedule as follows:
- In DILR, this is a game changer section. Start by solving one set on a daily basis. Understand where you are going wrong.
- Divide the week evenly between DI and LR topics; you can devote three days to DI and three days to LR. As a result, DI and LR will have 36 days each (12 weeks * 3 days per week).
- Invest one hour in clearing your concepts for DI/LR basics.
As per Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation, recommended by BYJU'S Exam Prep experts, here is topic-wise distribution of the DILR section:
Number of Sets in PYQP 2017-22
Reasoning Based DI
Matrix and Grid
Scheduling and Matrix
Unconventional and Hybrid Games and Tournament
Order and ranking
Logic Based Table
Routes and Networks
Arithmetic Based DI
Note: Matrix, Reasoning-based DI, Venn Diagrams & Unconventional Games & Tournaments make up 2/3 of the CAT DILR section. Acing these will help you solve 8-12 questions easily.
Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation for QA
Daily practice of QA questions is very important to ace the CAT QA Section. Additionally, you can include the below tips in your CAT Preparation Daily Schedule to crack QA section with e good CAT Percentile.
- In Quant, start with basics and clarity of fundamentals. Arithmetic & Algebra dominates this section so try to start with topics pertaining to Arithmetic and Algebra.
- Every day, invest about 2 hours in understanding the Quant Concepts.
Here is a topic-wise distribution of the CAT QA section:
Geometry & Mensuration
CAT Preparation Daily Schedule: Important Dont's
The aspirants must include the below tricks in their Daily Timetable for CAT Preparation.
- Check the syllabus every day to analyze the chapters left undone
- Every week, re-evaluate your CAT Preparation Daily Schedule in light of your progress.
- After every 40 minutes, give your brain a break. Take a stroll, dance, or relax with a cup of tea.
- Choose the Best CAT Books to ensure that you comprehensively complete the syllabus.
- Solve previous years' questions to have a good understanding of what kinds of questions are asked. You can prepare the study plan according to the weightage of various topics.
- Attempts at least 2-3 mock tests daily to understand your preparation level.
Experts Tips for CAT Preparation Daily Schedule
The aspirants must prepare a Daily Time Table for CAT Preparation as per their strengths and weaknesses. They must be focused on their preparation so that they can overcome their weakness effectively and clear CAT Cut Off.
When it comes to CAT Preparation Daily Schedule, the aspirants must plan strategically to utilize the everyday timespan positively. Our expert team has listed some tips to assist the aspirants in their preparation. You can check them to plan in a better way.
Be Focused on Basic Learning
The aspirants must be focused on understanding the basics to complete the syllabus effectively. They must divide the time as per their planning for CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. If you split the time to prepare for each section of the CAT, you will gain a get better conceptual clarity. Additionally, basics are very important as it helps you to analyze your weakness so that you can overcome it effectively.
Build Up Speed and Accuracy
Include regular practice in the CAT Preparation Daily Schedule to improve your answering speed and accuracy. There is a Negative Marking in CAT and sectional time limits. So, the candidates must work on developing accuracy to solve the questions correctly. It is also recommended that if you are unsure about the question, then try to skip that question to avoid negative marking.
Practise Question Papers
The aspirants must be aware of the question paper patterns, question types and difficulty level. Solving previous years' questions daily is essential to boost your confidence. Besides, the aspirants also get an idea of whether they have completed the entire syllabus or not.
After completing the entire syllabus of the CAT, the aspirants must include mock tests in their CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. Attempting mock tests every day to analyze their level of performance. They can attempt BYJU'S Exam Prep online mock tests and quizzes to get an exam-like experience.
Improve Your Reading Habits
The aspirants must read newspapers like Economist, The Hindu, The Indian Express, and good magazines daily. These habits are very important to ace CAT RC questions. It also improves English vocabulary skills and grammar so that you can answer the questions accurately.
You must include the habit of reading the newspaper in your CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. If you read newspapers daily, it will also enhance your speaking and articulation. Fluency is very important for the CAT interview, and aspirants must present their thoughts fluently in front of the panel to qualify for IIM Selection Process.
Revise Important Formulae Daily
While preparing for the CAT, learn all the relevant formulas and shortcut tricks to improve accuracy. It is very important so that you can maintain track of your preparation. Whenever you are solving questions in your CAT preparation daily schedule, you will better understand the areas that need to be improved.
The aspirants must include the practice of maintaining notes in the CAT Preparation Daily Schedule. Maintain a diary for the uncommon words with their synonyms, antonyms, and uses in the sentence to prepare better. It will help them to revise the words before the exam. You should keep a journal to keep track of important formulas and shortcut tricks daily to solve the quantitative, data interpretation, and Logical Reasoning for CAT.
Practising anything by writing it is very useful to memorize the concept instantly at the time of requirements. It will enhance your memory so that you can make your preparation easier.
CAT - Mock Percentile
Candidates must solve atleast one mock in a week to analyse their preparation level. The following table consists of the mock percentile corresponding to the actual CAT percentile:
CAT – Score vs Percentile
CAT Score Vs Percentile has been curated by our experts based on past year's trends:
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App NOW
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card
Commentswrite a comment