The Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018 notification has been released for the recruitment of Probationary Officers for the total 800 posts. There is no change in exam pattern & syllabus. The last date to apply for Canara Bank PO is 13th November 2018. The candidates preparing for the same can check out for the latest Canara Bank PO syllabus and exam pattern 2018 in this article.
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern for Online Objective Test is given below:
Number of Questions
- Each section carries 50 questions and carries 1 mark for each section.
- Each section will be in both the languages i.e., English and Hindi, expect English language section.
- There will be the penalty for every wrong answer marked in the Objective Tests. For each question answered incorrectly, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- Each candidate must obtain a minimum score in all the subjects as well as clear the overall cut off decided by Bank to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview.
Here, Canara Bank PO exam pattern is concluded. Let’s take a look at the syllabus for each section of the written examination.
Canara Bank PO Syllabus 2018
To plan your exam strategy for any recruitment examination, the syllabus of subjects covered is the most important part with which candidates prepare accordingly.
Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation: Pie Charts, Tables, Bar & Graphs, Line Charts, Caselets
- Quadratic Equations
- Simplification / Approximation
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, Distance and time
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Mixture and allegation
- Permutation and combinations
- Simple and compound interest
It is an officer level examination, so, you can expect the major chunk of questions from Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency. Referring to the current trend of IBPS and SBI examination, inequality can come for 4-5 marks covering topics like profit and loss, ages, partnership, time and work etc. Also, be prepared for the higher level of the exam.
You can also check out our Quantitative Aptitude quiz section that will give you an idea of Canara Bank PO prelims exam pattern.
Syllabus for Reasoning
- Puzzles and sitting arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding Decoding (New Patterns)
- Blood Relations
- Data Flow Diagram
- Decision making
- Data Sufficiency
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Passage and conclusions
- Alphabet test
- Alphanumeric Series
- Number, Ranking and time sequence
- Direction Sense
As per the latest exams conducted, there may be chances that you will get around 20-25 questions of Puzzles/ Sitting Arrangement covering Double Line Up, Linear, Circular, Square, and Rectangular Arrangement. Also, be prepared for reverse syllogism and typical input-output series questions.
You can also check out our Reasoning quiz section that will give you an idea of Canara Bank PO prelims exam pattern.
Syllabus for the English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction / Sentence Improvement (New Pattern)
- Phrase Replacement
- Para Jumble / Rearrangement of Sentences
- Sentence Completion (Single & Double Fillers)
- Vocabulary: Homonyms / Antonyms / Synonyms
- Cloze Test
- Phrases and idioms
Many variations have seen in all the topics in the recent exams. Be prepared for multiple paragraph related comprehension, sentence correction new pattern (finding the correct part in sentence), Para jumble (arranging the middle sentences with first and last sentence given), cloze test and sentence completion (finding the option which does not fit into the sentence or finding multiple possible options catering to the one blank).
You can also check out our English quiz section that will give you an idea of Canara Bank PO prelims exam pattern.
Syllabus for General Knowledge
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of past 6 months.
- Banking Terms & Terminologies
- History of the Indian banking system
- Static Affair
- Overview of Indian Financial System
- Recent monetary policies
- Information about National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc
- Knowledge of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc. (HQ, Chiefs, and Heads)
- Economic Abbreviations
- Latest Important Government Schemes
In this section current affairs hold maximum weightage, so you must mug up them seriously. Also, in the recent exams, many questions were asked from static affairs which are related to recent news.
Important updates & quizzes for General Awareness Preparation :
- Daily GK Update
- Monthly GK Digests
- Weekly One-Liners
- Banking Awareness Quizzes
- GK and Current Affairs Quiz
- Static GK Quiz
For more assistance about Canara Bank PO PGD program, you can check out the official notification of Canara Bank PO from here.
If you're preparing for this exam, attempt test in the test series. You will be availed one free test in the same and you can attempt it to check your performance.