Now let's discuss the section-wise strategy and tips to prepare for the Punjab State Cooperative Bank exam 2021 step-by-step here.
1. Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
Quantitative aptitude is considered to be the deadliest topic among all the sections. Most students go deep into this section and avoid it. But remember, you only need to clear the basic concepts of 2-3 chapters first. Then all other chapters are based on the concepts of these basic fundamental chapters.
- Revise tables up to 30
- Learn squares up to 50 & cubes up to 20
- Try to remember percentage to fraction and fraction to percentage conversion up to 1/25
- Try to learn the inherent concepts of basic chapters like Percentage, Average, and Ratio - proportion this will help you in solving questions from other arithmetic chapters and questions from DI.
- Learn some Vedic maths tricks for faster calculation that will help you in simplification & approximation.
- Time work
- Pipe & Cistern
- Time speed distance
- Ratio proportion
Attempt here Quantitative Aptitude Quiz
2. Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips
Reasoning Ability is less of remembering formulas and more of practicing and imagination power. The examiner will most probably try to check your common sense in the examination hall. So you need to solve a lot of questions from this section in order to have a good score.
- There are very few shortcuts as far as the reasoning section is considered. The more you practice the better you will perform in this section.
- You need to first learn the concepts of syllogism, inequality, direction sense, blood relation, order, and ranking.
- Attempt as many sectional tests as possible.
- The examiner will try to know your common sense and imaginary power in this section.
- Blood relation
- Direction distance
- Alphanumeric series
- Order & ranking
Attempt Here Reasoning Ability Quizzes
3. English Language Preparation Tips
Again this section is considered to be the deadliest among the students. They totally try to escape from it. But most probably you will be trapped in mains. Because in main, they will check your inherent comprehension ability and reading speed. So try to start English preparation from the 1st day itself.
- There are basically 2 parts in the English section i.e grammar and vocabulary/comprehension.
- Go through the rules of grammar from any standard book and then practice as many questions as possible. Do not try to cram any new rule.
- For vocab, inculcate the habit of reading newspapers daily and note down new words.
- Continue the process till the final selection and revise them in a regular interval of time.
- Cloze test
- Reading comprehension
- Error spotting
- Para jumble
- Match the column
- Subject-verb agreement
Attempt Here English Quizzes
4. General/Financial/ Computer Awareness Preparation Tips
Again some students finally do not get selected only because they can not clear the sectional cutoff of the General Awareness section. Yes, there are many things to cover in this section, but with a proper strategy, resource and perseverance, you can easily score more than 80% marks in this section.
- Practise/revise static gk MCQs from the BYJU'S Exam Prep app.
- Cover the last 4-5 months of current affairs.
- Cover the annual budget facts, capital, and currency of countries, the rank of India in different indices, and other important facts.
- Read computer awareness from any standard book. Also, you can practice from the BYJU'S Exam Prep app/ website.
Read here Daily GK Updates
- National/International Appointment
- Award Functions
- New government schemes
- States in news
- Prominent institutes in news
- The rank of India in various Index
- Names of Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks
- Names of Stadiums
- Names of Countries, Currencies and their Capitals
- Names of Governors and Chief Ministers
- Important Days and their themes
- The merger of banks
- small finance bank and payment bank
- New policies introduced by the government
- Capital market
- Money market