Now that we have covered the important details about the HPSC Bank 2022 recruitment exam, we should move forward to the HPSCB subject-wise preparation strategy. Here we will discuss the detailed strategy to prepare every subject covered under the syllabus.
Students who appear for this exam are requested to go through the entire article to have an overall idea about the subject-wise preparation strategy for the HPSC Bank exam.
HPSCB Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is considered to be the deadliest topic among all the sections. Most students go deep into this section and avoid it. But remember, you only need first to clear the basic concepts of 2-3 chapters. Then all other chapters are based on the concepts of these basic fundamental chapters.
- Revise tables up to 30
- Learn squares up to 50 & cubes up to 20
- Try to remember percentage-to-fraction and fraction-to-percentage conversion up to 1/25
- Try to learn the inherent concepts of basic chapters like Percentage, Average, and Ratio - proportion. This will help you solve questions from other arithmetic chapters and questions from DI.
- Learn some Vedic maths tricks for faster calculation that will help you in simplification & approximation.
- Time work
- Pipe & Cistern
- Time speed distance
- Ratio proportion
HPSC Bank Exam 2022: Reasoning Ability Preparation Strategy
This section is less about remembering formulas and more about practicing and imagination power. The examiner will probably try to check your common sense in the examination hall. So you need to solve many questions from this section to have a good score.
- There are very few shortcuts as far as the reasoning section is concerned. The more you practice, the better you will perform in this section.
- You must first learn the concepts of syllogism, inequality, direction sense, blood relation, order, and ranking.
- Attempt as many sectional tests as possible.
- In this section, the examiner will try to know your common sense and imaginary power.
- Blood relation
- Direction distance
- Alphanumeric series
- Order & ranking
English Language Preparation Strategy for HPSCB Exam 2022
Again this section is considered to be the deadliest among the students. Most of the candidates try to escape from it. But most probably, you will be trapped in the Mains. Because in the Main exam, they will check your inherent comprehension ability and reading speed. So try to start English preparation from the 1st day itself.
- There are 2 parts in the English section, i.e., grammar and vocabulary/comprehension.
- Go through grammar rules from any standard book and practice as many questions as possible. Do not try to cram any new rules.
- For vocab, inculcate the habit of reading newspapers daily and noting down new words.
- Continue the process until the final selection and revise them at regular intervals.
- Cloze test
- Reading comprehension
- Error spotting
- Para jumble
- Match the column
- Subject-verb agreement
HPSCB General Awareness Preparation Strategy
Some students finally do not get selected for the HPSCB exam only because they can not clear the sectional cutoff of this section. Yes, there are many things to cover in this section, but with a proper strategy, resources and perseverance, you can easily score more than 80% marks.
- Practice/revise static gk MCQs as much as possible.
- Cover the last 4-5 months of current affairs.
- Cover the annual budget facts, capital, and currency of countries, the rank of India in different indices, and other important facts.
- Read computer awareness from any standard book. Also, you can practice from the BYJU'S Exam Prep app/ website.
- National/International Appointment
- Award Functions
- New government schemes
- States in news
- Prominent institutes in the news
- The rank of India in various Index
- Names of Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks
- Names of Stadiums
- Names of Countries, Currencies, and their Capitals
- Names of Governors and Chief Ministers
- Important Days and their themes
- The merger of banks
- small finance bank and payment bank
- New policies introduced by the government
- Capital market
- Money market