Keeping in mind all these above points, we are here sharing an effective strategy to crack the preliminary exam of EPFO Assistant. Read these points carefully and follow them to score well in the exam.
1) Know the Exam Pattern:
Before you start preparing for an exam, it is imperative for you to get yourself familiar with the exam pattern. Hence, we are sharing the exam pattern of both the prelims and main exam in the table given below.
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
Name of the test
Number of questions
Main Exam Pattern
Name of the test (Objective Tests)
Number of questions
Descriptive Paper (English
Language with emphasis
on comprehension and
|2 hours 45 minutes|| |
2) Make your own Section-wise strategy
- English Language: To score good marks in this section, develop a good reading habit. This will help you in attempting the reading comprehension section quickly and precisely. Read a newspaper on a daily basis. Note down important and new words to build your vocabulary.
- Numerical Aptitude: Practice plays the most important role here. Practice as much as you can. Increase your calculation speed by attempting more and more questions. Learn and practice all short tricks
- Reasoning Ability: Make your concepts crystal clear. Prepare all topics right from the starting. Practice topics like seating arrangements and puzzles more as these topics will help you fetch most marks.
3) Practice Mocks
Only preparing the respective sections will not help. Give sectional tests/full-length mock test on a regular basis. This will help you analyze your preparation. You will get to know how much you have actually retained while preparing. You will also come to know about the topics in which you are scoring low. In this way, gradually, you will develop a good grasp over all your subjects.
4) Make your own time table and follow it
To crack any competitive exam, it is very necessary that you follow a strict time table. You can take the time table according to your daily routine. While making a time table, give sufficient time to other activities also like sleeping, watching television for freshening up, etc. Time table should cover all the topics, you can give more time to the subject/topics in which you are continuously scoring less.
5) Prepare for Prelims and Main exam Simultaneously
Do not wait for the results of Prelims exams and start preparing for the Main exam from the very first day. Give daily at least 2 hours in preparing Current Affairs. Current affairs/GA section plays a very important role in scoring sufficiently high score in the Main exam. The time gap between the declaration of prelims results and the day of the main exam is hardly 15-20 days, and these days are not at all sufficient to prepare for the Main exam 2019. That's why we advise you to prepare simultaneously for both the phases.
6) Work on Speed and Accuracy
Give as many online tests as you can. This will help you increase your calculation speed and you will develop a habit of giving tests in a time-bound manner. Try to attempt questions with accuracy. Do not compromise with accuracy in order to attempt more number of questions. Practising is the only ultimate solution by which you can get a good command over your calculation speed. Try to learn and retain all the shortcuts, formulae and important tricks to save your precious time.
These were some of the important points that you must take into account to score better in the EPFO Assistant exam 2019.
Attempt our daily mocks, to enhance your exam preparation and score better with BYJU'S Exam Prep.
Practice daily mocks to enhance your exam preparation and increase your speed and accuracy. The links are provided below:
Daily Reasoning Ability Quizzes
Daily Quantitative Aptitude Quizzes
Further, to help you out with your exam preparation, we have started an exam-oriented test series for EPFO Assistant exam 2019. We advise you to attempt the free mock of the test series and evaluate your exam preparation. The link of the test series is provided below:
Attempt free mock of EPFO Assistant exam 2019, Click here!
Prep Smart, Score Better, Go gradeup!