Art and Culture Book for UPSC
Art & Culture doesn't find an exclusive mention in the UPSC Prelims Syllabus. However, aspirants can clearly see that General Studies-1 of UPSC Mains mentions Indian Culture-, Literature, and salient aspects of Art Forms and Architecture from ancient to modern times. Below we have given the list of the best Indian art and culture books for UPSC.
- Indian Art & Culture By Nitin Singhania
- NIOS Art & Culture Notes
- CCRT Books from the Ministry of Culture
- Friday Review of The Hindu newspaper that covers the Art & Culture segment
NCERT Books for Art and Culture
By analyzing the trend of Art & Culture-related questions, one would figure out that the best way to prepare this section is by studying the NCERT Books for Art and Culture. The best NCERT art and culture UPSC books are the following:
- NCERT Class 11 - Living Crafts Traditions of India
- NCERT Class 11 - An Introduction to Indian Art Part-I
- NCERT Class 12 - Craft Traditions of India
How to Prepare with Art and Culture Book for UPSC?
Covering the above-mentioned art and culture UPSC books won't be easy for the aspirants due to their vastness. However, following the right strategy would help the candidates to cover the Indian art and culture book for UPSC in an efficient manner.
- Before covering the books for art and culture, aspirants must have an idea of all the topics and sub-topics covered in this section.
- Candidates need to cover each topic of History in the subtopics namely Religion, literature, Architecture, and Miscellaneous.
- Candidates need to focus more on topics like Dance forms, Indian Philosophy Schools, Puppetry, Martial Arts, Architecture of all types, etc.
- Candidates need to make their own hand-written notes which would in maximum retention of what they have studied and also in the revision process.
- While covering the Indian art and culture book for UPSC, candidates need to refer to the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers and see what kind of questions are asked in the UPSC Exam.
- Apart from the UPSC Books, candidates need to read newspapers about current affairs to strengthen their preparation.
Importance of UPSC Art and Culture Books
Art & Culture is a part of India History from ancient to modern times. Candidates need to be prepared for all the questions asked from this particular section, and in this case, having the right art and culture UPSC books would be highly beneficial for the aspirants.
- The Indian heritage and culture book for UPSC includes Indian heritage and all the subtopics.
- Additionally, the art and culture UPSC books cover a wide range of sub-topics, namely performing arts, literary arts, visual arts, literature (ancient to modern times), and Architecture (Ancient to Modern Times), which the UPSC aspirants must know.
- However, you need to be very selective when choosing the art & culture books for UPSC. to make this process simpler we have provided the list of all highly rated art and culture UPSC books above.
Other Important UPSC Books