What are the Causes of Pollution? [10 Important Causes]
As we have mentioned above there are so many causes of pollution. But, below we have mentioned the top 10 factors that contribute significantly to increasing pollution.
- Burning of Fossil Fuels- it includes the burning of oil, coal, and gasoline to produce energy for transportation or electricity.
- Industrial Emission- Factories and industries also emit pollutants in the air that causes pollution.
- Automobiles- Harming gases emitted from vehicles also contribute to pollution.
- Mining Activities- While extracting minerals, dust and harmful chemicals are released.
- Construction- Construction work is also one of the major causes of pollution.
- Volcanic Eruptions- Volcanos release sulfur dioxide into the air
- Domestic Sources- cleaning products in household and paints contains harmful chemicals that aid pollution.
- Wildfires- wildfires also cause an increase in PM 2.5 in the air that collides with harmful substances and creates smog.
- Microbial Decaying Process- Decaying of microorganisms releases methane gas which is toxic.
- Agricultural Activities- Use of pesticides, insecticides, and fertilizers releases harmful chemicals.
More Related Questions:-