10 Ways to Conserve Coal & Petroleum
The 10 ways to conserve coal and petroleum are listed below.
- Use public transport more often and carpool wherever possible to reduce emissions.
- Reduce fuel consumption by turning off the engines of your vehicle at red lights.
- Encourage the use of renewable resources such as solar energy, hydropower, etc.
- Reduce the use of air conditioners and heaters unless necessary.
- Replace regular bulbs with CFL bulbs that are energy-saving.
- Turn off any electrical appliances and lights when not in use.
- Use stairs over elevators, whenever possible.
- Save LPG and kerosene by using pressure cookers while cooking.
- Encourage the use of biogas over other domestic fuels to reduce the use of coal.
- Ensure that you are not using your appliances at full setting, unless needed, to reduce energy consumption.