MPSC Combine Exam Pattern 2022
MPSC, which is Maharashtra PSC, is responsible for conducting various exams based on posts for recruitment to Maharashtra Government departments. One is the Maharashtra Combine Exam. It is conducted every year by MPSC to recruit PSI, STI, and ASO officers.
This Grade-B exam is called the MPSC Subordinate Services Exam because it has one common Preliminary exam & main papers for all the posts. If you analyze it closely, you will find MPSC Combined Exam is simpler and easier than MPSC Rajyaseva due to the following two reasons:
- Only one preliminary exam question paper.
- There are only two mains papers.
- All papers are in MCQs or Objective Response format.
Scheme of Examination
Preliminary (1 papers - 100 marks) -> Mains (2 papers - 200 marks) -> Physical Test & Interview (Only for PSI)
Maharashtra Combine Exam Pattern for Prelims
Check the detailed exam pattern of the MPSC Combine Prelims exam in the table. Check all the important points of the prelims exam here.
Subject and code
Nature of Paper
General Ability Test
English & Marathi
Note: There is negative marking for incorrect answers. The candidate will be penalized 25% or 1/4 of the marks allocated to that question. (same for Main exams). It is important to know that the marks of MPSC Combined Prelims Exams are not counted for the final merit list.
Key Highlights of the MPSC Subordinate Services Preliminary Exam Pattern
The MPSC Combine exam pattern has the following important features:
- MPSC Combined Exam is objective, i.e., MCQs
- This paper is common to all the posts – PSI, STI, and ASO
- Exam duration is 1 hour
- MPSC Combined Prelim exam paper consists of 100 Qs for 100 marks, i.e., each question carries one mark.
Check: MPSC Combine Preparation Tips 2022
MPSC Subordinate Services Mains Exam Pattern
MPSC Combined Mains Exam stage consists of two papers. In this stage, Paper-1 is common for all three posts. The difference is in Paper-2, as it is different for different posts. Hence syllabus of Paper 2 also varies.
- STI Mains Exam
- PSI Mains Exam
- ASO Mains exam
Nature of Questions
Section A: Marathi
Section B: English
Section C: General Knowledge
50+ 30+ 20 = 100
Marathi & English
General aptitude test and positional/subject knowledge
Marathi & English
Note: For each wrong answer, 25% or 1/4 of the gun will be deducted from the total score of that question.
Key Highlights of the MPSC Combined Mains Exam Pattern
- MPSC Combined consists of two papers
- Paper-I is common for all the posts, and Paper-II is conducted as per the posts mentioned
- Both papers are for 100 questions for 100 marks
- The duration of each paper is 1 hour
Check Booklist of MPSC Combine Exam 2022