Haryana Police Constable Selection Process- Stages
The recruitment for the Haryana Police Constable will be done in 4 stages by Haryana Staff Selection Commission(HSSC), Panchkula. Candidates are required to qualify for all the stages in order to be shortlisted for their Constable position. Aspirants who fail to qualify for any of the stages will not be eligible for the Haryana Police Constable.
Let us look at the stages of the selection procedure of Haryana Police Constable 2021 below:
Stage 1: Knowledge Test
Stage 2: Physical Screening Test (PST) (Qualifying in Nature)
Stage 3: Physical Measurement Test (PMT) (Qualifying in Nature)
Stage 4: Document Verification
Stage 5: Interview
Weightage of stages of the Haryana Police Constable Selection Process
The below table shows that the weightage of stages to prepare the final merit list.
|Name of the Stage||Weightage|
|Knowledge Test/Written Test||80%|
|Physical Screening Test(PST)||Qualifying in Nature|
|Physical Measurement Test(PMT)||Qualifying in Nature|
Haryana Police Constable Exam – Stage 1
A written test will be conducted to check the basic knowledge of the candidate. This exam includes topics like General Studies, Current Affairs, Mental Ability, Agriculture, Computer and other relevant fields. The standard of questions shall be as expected of an educated person having passed 12 examinations of the Board of School Education Haryana for constable and have graduated from a recognized University for the post of Haryana Police Constable. The duration of this exam is 180 minutes and there are 100 questions each carries 0.80 marks. This exam holds 80% weightage of the Haryana Police Constable Selection Process. The below table shows the exam pattern of the Haryana Police Constable knowledge test:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
Haryana Police Constable Exam – Stage 2
A physical screening test (PST) will be conducted to check the physical strength and endurance of the candidates. Only the candidates qualifying for the written test will be called for the physical screening test. This test is qualifying in nature.
Here are the detailed requirements of physical standard tests for the Haryana Police Constable 2021.
|Candidates||Test distance||Qualifying Time|
|Male||2.5 Kilometer||12 Min|
|Female||1.0 Kilometer||6 min|
|.Ex.-serviceman||1.0 Kilometer||5 min|
Haryana Police Constable Exam – Stage 3
The candidates are required to fulfill the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) to be qualified for the final stage of selection. Below are the category-wise details of the Physical Measurement Test for male & female candidates:
|General||170 cm||83 cm||87 cm||158 cm|
|Reserved||168 cm||81 cm||85 cm||156 cm|
Haryana Police Constable Exam – Stage 4
The candidates who qualified for the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) shall be called for the Document Verification. In this stage, aspirants will be awarded allotted marks for having the academic qualification. The Haryana Staff Selection Commission(HSSC) has given 10% weightage for this stage. The marks will be allotted for the certain academic qualification is given below:
- Candidates who have a higher education degree or a graduation degree from a recognized university shall be given 4 marks.
- For having a Post-graduation degree in any particular stream from a particular in any stream from a recognized university shall be awarded additional 3 marks.
- NCC Certificate (maximum 03 marks): Candidates having NCC certificate of A, B, or C level shall get 01, 02, and 03 marks respectively
Miscellaneous (10% Weightage)
- Five (05) marks shall be given if neither the applicant nor any person from among the applicant’s father, mother, spouse, brother, and Son is, was, or has been a regular employee in any Department/Board/Corporation/Company/StatutoryBody/ Commission/Authority of Government of Haryana or any other State Government or Government of India.
- Five (05) marks shall be given, if the applicant is:- (i) a widow; or the first or the second child and his father had died before attaining the age of 42 years: or (iii) the first or the second child and his father had died before the applicant had attained the age of 15 years.
- Five (05) marks will be given, if the applicant belongs to such a denotified tribe (Vimukt Jatis and Tapriwas Jatis) or Nomadic tribe of Haryana which is neither a Scheduled Caste nor a Backward Class.
- Maximum of eight (08) marks have been kept for experience as an ad-hoc or contract employee. One-half (=0.5) mark for each year or part thereof exceeding six months of experience, out of a maximum of 16 years, on the same or a higher post in any Department, Board, Corporation, Company, Statutory Body, Commission, Authority of Government of Haryana. No marks will be awarded for any period less than six months.
Haryana Police Constable Exam – Stage 5
In this stage, candidates are called for the Interview cum Personality Test. The interview schedule will be released by Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) on their official site of HSSC at hssc.gov.in. The selected candidate will have to report to the Commission Office at 9 am on the interview date. All the shortlisted candidates will have to bring in all the required documents along with the self-attested copies.
Haryana Police Constable Final Merit List
Candidates have to qualify for all five stages to rank on the Merit List. The Final merit list for Haryana Police Constable will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written examination for each category as per the Haryana government policy and this list will be sent for medical examination/document verification to the concerned department.
More from us