Transportation Infrastructure is a topic under Transportation Engineering GATE Syllabus. Even if it is only one topic, students need to make sure that they cover all aspects of the Transportation Infrastructure syllabus for GATE to not lose out on scoring marks. The subject carries a weightage of about 5 to 9 marks and needs all your attention and full focus.
You need to study the topic well for appearing for competitive examinations like GATE, ISRO, C.E., and BARC. Transportation Infrastructure topics for GATE C.E. include – highway alignment and engineering surveys, geometric design of railway tracks, airport runway length, taxiway, and exit taxiway design.
Important Topics for Transportation Infrastructure for GATE CE
Here are some of the important transportation infrastructure topics for GATE CE.
Highway alignment and Engineering survey
What is highway alignment and requirements of highway alignment? Understanding obligatory points, geometric designs, and the economy. Engineering survey includes map study, reconnaissance survey, preliminary survey, location, and detailed survey.
Geometric Design of Highways
Design speed, highway cross-section elements, pavement surface characteristic, friction (skid resistance), pavement unevenness, cross-slope are other factors that are considered.
Geometric design of Railway Tracks
The design needs to be such that it offers maximum efficiency and maximum safety at the best costs in railway traffic operations. Gradient, types of the gradient, Superelevation on curves, superelevation function, and more topics are covered.
Airport runway length
Runway design includes basic runway length, determined by different factors like altitude, temperature, leveling in the longitudinal direction, wind factors, and airport load.
Tips to Solve Transportation Infrastructure questions for GATE
- Enroll yourself with a top online tutorial so that you can access current Transportation Infrastructure notes for GATE pdf. Remember to check that the Transportation Infrastructure GATE notes are updated and relevant.
- Refer to the right Transportation Infrastructure books so that the study notes and books are aligned, helping you strengthen your knowledge base.
- Start preparing the topic using Transportation Infrastructure notes for C.E. well in advance. Do not keep things for the last moment.
- Take as many as possible practice tests and Transportation Infrastructure online quizzes. It helps you in two ways – you get a feel of the Transportation Infrastructure GATE questions patterns and know how well you are prepared for the upcoming exams.
Importance of studying Transportation Infrastructure topics for GATE
- Almost every year, Transportation engineering topics are covered in GATE question papers. That is why it is so relevant to be thorough with this topic. Ensure that your preparation is sound with access to the latest Transportation Infrastructure study material for GATE CE.
- The best part is that you can score well with clear concepts in the topic. For this, it is highly advised that you read available Transportation Infrastructure GATE questions and answers pdf and appear for Transportation Infrastructure online tests.
- Some of the topics covered in Transportation Infrastructure for computer science and civil engineering are superelevation, valley and summit curves, pavement designs, geometric designs, etc. The more you practice Transportation Infrastructure MCQ questions, the better. more well-versed you will become in the topic.
- It does not take much time to remember the formulas and standards. You can be sure of scoring full marks on this topic. Do make sure that you keep practiscing with the Transportation Infrastructure quiz online.
Most Recommended Transportation Infrastructure Books for GATE CE
This topic is interesting and can be easily prepared by referring to credible books and study notes. These are the books that you must read to prepare for the exam.
Name of the book
Principles, Practice and Design of Highway Engineering
Principles of Transportation Engineering
Why prepare Transportation Infrastructure from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep is your go-to platform online if you are keen to study the concepts in-depth from the best experts. The platform is dedicated to helping students prepare for competitive exams like GATE CE and other examinations. Transportation Infrastructure notes for GATE CE pdf are the best, having been designed by top experts. The platform also offers itsoffers to its registered students access to Transportation Infrastructure MCQ pdf, assessment tests, and Transportation Infrastructure online quiz, and more. BYJU'S Exam Prep has a very user-friendly platform and reasonably priced packages for students, making for a good choice when preparing for GATE Exam.
Q. What is the weightage of Transportation Infrastructure?
Transportation Infrastructure is a topic in Transportation Engineering subject in GATE CE and other competitive exams. The subject's overall weightage in 2019 was six marks in Paper 1 and 9 marks in Paper 2.
Q. Should I try Transportation Infrastructure MCQ questions before the actual exam?
Yes, it always helps because you get aware of the
question pattern by doing so.
Q. How many hours should I study for GATE?
You must put in at least 5 to 6 hours of focused studies to get good GATE marks.
Q. Where can I get updated Transportation Infrastructure GATE notes online?
You can access the notes by registering with BYJU'S Exam Prep, India's premier online tutorial for competitive exams.
Q. Are Transportation Infrastructure questions relevant today?
One of the vital areas of economic development of a country is transportation infrastructure. In a developing country like India, it is a relevant topic.