Critical reasoning and verbal deduction problems judge and understand the cognitive, intellectual, and reasoning ability. Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction are facts expressed in words and involve understanding and solving specific problems based on the information. It judges the logical ability and hence helps in inferencing, strengthening, or weakening of an argument. These are based on critical or analytical thinking. This starts with logical thinking as it starts from a basic idea, and gradually it moves to a specific conclusion.
Important Reasoning and Verbal Deduction Topics for GATE CE
The study material for GATE CE, etc., for the topic includes questions related to analogies, assumptions, inferences etc. aimed at understanding one’s level of logical and cognitive ability. It includes reading comprehension as well as critical thinking.
The reasoning is mostly deducing or finding out the truth about a statement after analyzing and evaluating the reading comprehension or comparing the statements. These questions help in assessing decision-making skills and helps with problem-solving.
The verbal deduction includes questions that help in measuring the ability to make logical arguments from a situation. Based on the logical arguments, the conclusion is inferred and deduced.
Tips to Solve Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction Questions for GATE
The concepts and logic for these types of questions are twisted and require intellectual thinking. It is based on facts, assumptions, and inferences. It includes a couple of strategies to help solve these questions.
- Read the comprehensions or passages and break the passages into different parts. The breaking down of the passage helps in deducing the conclusion, facts, and assumptions. It takes a structured approach to solve the passage.
- The answers or conclusions can look similar but are contradictory. There is an argument which either strengthens or weakens an argument. These are confusing and can be a little tricky.
- The passage is slightly complicated and confusing. The Syllabus for GATE etc. has many sample questions. Solve the questions by paraphrasing in simpler language.
Importance of Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction in GATE Exam
- The topics for GATE CE, etc., are based on analytical skills and logical thinking. The more you practice, the less time it takes to solve the questions.
- The questions are presented as paragraphs or facts or statements. It helps in scoring high in the aptitude section.
- The reasoning and verbal deduction GATE questions and answers pdf, etc. have a very high weightage. Nearly 20% of the questions are from this section.
- It is high scoring. One single question has high weightage with 5 marks dedicated to it. The online test gives better insight.
Most Recommended Books for Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction for GATE
There are a couple of books, etc. for preparing for critical reasoning as well as verbal deduction. These books have tricks and tips to solve these questions easily in less time.
A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
Shortcuts in Reasoning
A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal
Why Prepare Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep helps in preparing for the GATE Exam by providing all the notes and study material for critical reasoning and verbal deduction. The GATE syllabus, etc., for the topic, is comprehensively planned, which helps in better preparation. The Notes for GATE PDF, etc. are systematically available with shortcuts, tips, and tricks to solve the questions. BYJU'S Exam Prep has expert faculties with years of experience in engineering to help in solving and understanding the difficult questions. There are many GATE questions, etc. and quiz, etc., for practice on BYJU'S Exam Prep. Critical reasoning and verbal reasoning for GATE CE help in sharpening critical thinking, decision making, and deducing a question. These are easier to solve and less time consuming as compared to numerical ability. These are mostly comprehension or paragraph based on MCQ questions, etc. to solve.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. What is the weightage of the topic?
There is around 15 to 20% of weightage on this topic. The MCQ PDF etc. has important questions which determine the logical and analytical skills of the individual.
Q. How to Prepare for Critical Reasoning and Verbal Deduction?
The best way to prepare for this topic is to solve more and more questions. The notes for CE, etc. have tons of tricks or shortcuts to prepare.
Q. How to Increase the Speed for Solving these Questions?
The best way to increase speed is to solve many online quizzes and limit time. For all the wrong answers, try to understand the approach to learn more.
Q. How is critical reasoning and verbal deduction question important for GATE?
The topic is a long-term beneficial topic because the tricks and tips can be even applied in real life. It helps in increasing critical thinking and better decision-making.
Q. What is the Difference between Verbal and Non-Verbal Deduction?
The non-verbal deduction mostly includes numerical ability and deductions. However, verbal deduction mostly includes paragraphs, statements, or comprehensions.