How to choose the Best Books for VARC CAT?
The aspirants need to be well-equipped with the right books and study resources to prepare for the VARC questions for the upcoming exam. To decide which is the best book for the VARC cat, you need to consider below important facts.
- The credibility of the Author: Only credible authors are recognized by the aspirants. These books are properly compiled and structured and help the aspirants ace this section
- Content Quality: The aspirants must be aware of the content quality of the books. It should be relevant to the CAT Exam Syllabus. VARC syllabus is exhaustive, and one can use VARC books for CAT to aid the preparation for verbal ability questions.
List of Best Books for CAT VARC
Note the table below to get a comprehensive list of VARC nooks for CAT and start your preparation. Candidates can refer to the detailed study notes available on the BYJU'S Exam Prep App and also check the books available on VARC that is curated by BYJU'S Exam Prep Experts.
Best Books for CAT VARC
Word Power Made Easy
Improves Vocabulary, Contains Self-tests, that helps to develop word stocks
High School English Grammar and Composition
Wren and Martin
Provides Grammar Insights to the Readers
Check CAT VARC Preparation Tips and start your preparation.
VARC Books for CAT PDF
The candidates preparing for the upcoming exam must have a list of the Best Books for VARC CAT. Click on the link mentioned below to download VARC Books for CAT PDF.
Topics Covered in VARC Books for CAT
The aspirants can expect 24 questions in CAT VARC, with 19 MCQs and 5 TITA questions. The maximum number of this section is 72. As per the previous year’s question paper analysis, CAT VARC Syllabus consists of the following chapters.
Para Jumbles (With and Without Options)
Odd One Out
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms/ Antonyms)
Fill in the Blanks
Analogies and Reverse Analogies
CAT VARC syllabus is vast, so the aspirants need to select VARC books for CAT carefully. The correct resources of study materials are very important to ace this section with a good score.
How To Prepare with VARC Books for CAT?
VARC is one of the important sections in the CAT Exam. Aspirants should inculcate the habit of reading. They should focus on building their vocabulary as well. Few tips for preparing for the VARC section of CAT:
- Aspirants should read VARC books for CAT as much as possible. It will help you in your RC as well.
- Read diverse topics and editorials, apart from VARC books for CAT, and mark words that are unfamiliar and look for their meanings.
- Maintain journals or use flashcards for your vocabulary. See the usage in sentences.
- It is better to solve the previous year's paper so that you have a complete understanding of the difficulty level of the question paper.
- Attempt mock tests to analyze your preparation level. Learn from the mistakes and rectify them.
The general rule for preparing for the VARC section is that the more you read, the better you will be on the day of the exam. Not only the VARC books for CAT but newspapers will also help you build your vocabulary apart from keeping you updated about the happenings in the world. Stay updated with BYJU'S Exam Prep and get updated information for CAT Exam 2022.
|Important CAT Topics|
|CAT Registration||CAT Exam Pattern|
|CAT Cutoff||CAT Admit Card|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria||CAT Result|
The most comprehensive exam prep app.
If you are aiming to crack CAT and other MBA Exam, join BYJU'S Exam Prep Online Classroom Program where you get :
- Live Courses by Top Faculty
- Daily Study Plan
- Comprehensive Study Material
- Latest Pattern Test Series
- Complete Doubt Resolution
- Regular Assessments with Report Card