Networking Topic for Bank Exam
By : Akash Mishra
Updated : Oct 15, 2020, 18:55
The awareness and expertise in computer networks are essential to tackle the exams for the post of various banking offices. Exams like SBI PO, IBPS PO, and IBPS RRB PO require the participants to be well aware of networking terms and functions. Therefore, you cannot overlook this major section of the paper. You must prepare thoroughly for this section, which is easy to handle.
You can refer to past networking questions and answers from bank exams. Make yourself aware of the networking notes which are provided. You can also take networking online tests to check your awareness. Here we will cover various networking topics for bank exams, which will help you prepare thoroughly.
Important Networking Topics for Bank Exams
A network is connected to two or more computers through cables, radio waves, satellites, or telephone lines. It helps in exchanging files among these systems and allows digital communication.
Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network is geographically limited to a small, local area and helps in sharing databases, files, and resources. For example- A computer lab in an office or school.
Wide Area Network (WAN)
This is a much larger network that expands to a large geographical space such as state, country, or the world.
A network's topology signifies the types of arrangements or structures used to connect the computer systems—for example- Star network, ring network, or bus network.
A network terminal signifies any digital equipment connected to a network like a computer, ATM, and PNR machines.
This is a commonly used LAN technology that helps to format the transmission data, which is sent to other devices in the same network.
Internet Protocols (IP)
This is the protocol or principles that help relay packets of data across the boundaries of a network. This is what helps form the Internet.
Tips to Prepare for Networking
- Plan out your time according to the syllabus. Highlight your weaknesses and practice to recover them on time.
- Make a timetable and follow it strictly in your study hours.
- Go through the entire syllabus and previous exam papers. This will help you analyze the pattern of questions. You can also make a note of your strength and weaknesses and accordingly work on them.
- Use the online resources which are updated and also provide new tricks and methods.
- Give time to the revision of previous topics. You should be confident in each section of the exam.
Importance of Networking in Bank Exams
- Bank exams like IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Mains have complete sections dedicated to Computer Awareness.
- Network communication is not only important for bank exams but also other government examinations that one may apply for.
- Most banks have become digitized, and there are multiple functions that are operated within networks. Hence, it is a practical subject in the context of bank offices.
- Digital technology has transformed various office spaces, and it continues to bring more developments. All participants should be well aware of them to be qualified for the PO and clerical posts.
Most Recommended Books for Networking
Some of the most commonly used and important books that are used by students for preparing networking topic are:
- Comdex Hardware and Networking Course Kit (Vikas Gupta)
- Computer Networks (Andrew S. Tanenbaum)
- Networking All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies (Doug Lowe)
- IBPS Bank Clerk Guide for Preliminary & Main Exams by Disha Experts
Why prepare Networking from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
BYJU'S Exam Prep provides updated resources for various Bank PO and clerical exams. The portal is made to be engaging and is updated regularly with fresh content, which is very resourceful for exam candidates. The computer networks section is covered with details of the exam syllabus and notes with fully explained concepts. All the information is provided by experts who are well aware of the subjects. You can also ask them your questions and have all confusion cleared up on time. The community of students and teachers helps in better preparation for these competitive exams.
- Which computer course is best for the bank PO?
- Banks prescribe the course Computer awareness & Office automation for candidates, which is a foundation course for networking and computer applications.
- How to study for IBPS PO Computer Awareness?
- Use online resources and apps for daily revision and practice. Read newspapers and journals like Economic Times.
- Which Computer Awareness book is best for banking exams?
- Some of the highly recommended books for banking are- Kiran Computer 2500+ Questions book and Arihant Computer Awareness.
- How do I prepare for Computer Awareness?
- This is an important section for various bank and governmental exams which you must cover on time. Go through the syllabus and refer to online sources for the updated information.
- Is it necessary to have a computer literacy certificate for the IBPS PO job?
- No, it is not necessary to show any literacy certificates for the job. What matters is that you should qualify the exam, and for that, you should have basic computing and networking knowledge that can be derived from any source.