Logical Reasoning is a part of nearly all Government and Competitive Banking Exams’ syllabus like SBI Clerk, PO, IBPS Clerk, PO, IBPS RRB Clerk, PO, RBI Assistant, RBI Grade A, B, NABARD Grade A & B, LIC AAO, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, RRB JE, RRB NTPC, NIACL Assistant, FCI Manager, and many others that are conducted in the country. Logical Reasoning quiz for bank exams requires critical thinking and analysis. Logical Reasoning problems in bank exams are one of the most scoring areas if prepared well.
Logical Reasoning online test for bank exams is a part of the aptitude examinations of all the entrance exams that are conducted. Aptitude entrance exams are mostly divided into two: Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Important Topics in Logical Reasoning Syllabus for Bank Exams
Logical Reasoning is an aptitude based subject that examines the analytical and problem-solving skills of the candidates. The subject is divided into two categories: Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
The topics are classified based on the two divisions mentioned above.
The following are the important topics that are included in the Logical Reasoning syllabus for bank exams like SBI Clerk, IBPS Clerk, NABARD Grade A & B, RBI Grade A & B, etc. that the aspirants need to prepare for:
- Artificial Language
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Figure Matrix
- Seating Arrangement
- Decision Making
- Input and Output
- Logical Series
- Statement and Assumption
- Reasoning Tricks
Tips to Solve Logical Reasoning Problems in Bank Exams
To help aspirants gauge and solve problems faster, here are some Logical Reasoning tricks for bank exams that can be useful in many competitive exams:
- Try to solve the simple and least time-consuming problems first. The topics in Logical Reasoning that are less time-consuming are analogy, alphabet series, directions, odd pair, number series, etc. So, one must try to take up problems from such topics in the beginning.
- Candidates must try to approach the topics in which they can score above the overall cutoffs. This section includes topics like data sufficiency, blood relations, coding and decoding, inequalities, syllogisms, etc.
- The questions that should be taken up last are the complex and time-consuming ones. Topics like input and output machine, puzzles, seating arrangements, etc., come under this category. Nearly 10-15 questions are asked from such topics. They must be approached with a time management plan at the end.
Importance of Logical Reasoning Topics for Bank Exams in Competitive Banking Exams
- Logical Reasoning helps in determining the analytical and decision-making abilities of the candidates.
- It is essential to understand the presence of mind of the aspirants.
- It helps in examining the logic level and pace of the problem-solving skills of the candidates.
- Evaluation of candidates is not always completely possible on the basis of theoretical and technical subjects. Logical Reasoning helps in determining the overall calibre of the aspirant.
Most Recommended Books for Logical Reasoning Questions
The following books can be referred to prepare for Logical Reasoning:
Name of the Book
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Dr. R. S. Agrawal
A New Approach to Reasoning
B. S. Sijwali and S. Sijwali Arihant
Mishra & Kumar Dr Lal
Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations
Why Prepare for Logical Reasoning From BYJU'S Exam Prep?
There are many guides, notes, and books available online and offline to prepare for Logical Reasoning, but BYJU'S Exam Prep provides a detailed summary of revision notes that can help in last-minute preparations for the exams. Logical Reasoning formula for bank exams along with tips, tricks, and hacks are provided by BYJU'S Exam Prep. One can find Logical Reasoning questions and answers pdf for bank exams for practice on BYJU'S Exam Prep. BYJU'S Exam Prep provides an adequate amount of problems to practice for nearly every competitive exam like IBPS Clerk, SSC CGL, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, etc. One can find preparation strategies, mock quizzes, and online tests on BYJU'S Exam Prep for Logical Reasoning. Studying from BYJU'S Exam Prep, a candidate can make better Logical Reasoning notes for bank exams.
Aspirants must resolve to solve question papers and appear for mock exams before the final exams. The topics of this subject cannot be memorised. They can only be prepared for thoroughly by practising. Thus, candidates should take advantage of all the guides and tests available online. This will help in enhancing their speed as well as the confidence to appear for the final exam.
- How can I prepare for Logical Reasoning?
Logical Reasoning can be prepared by daily problem solving and mock tests. One can also refer to tips and strategies to prepare online.
- How can I score in reasoning?
One can score by managing time properly and planning for every question. The questions that are less time consuming must be attempted first.
- How can I improve speed in reasoning?
Speed can be enhanced by solving question papers and appearing for mock exams.
- How can I improve my logical thinking?
One can improve logical thinking by practising reasoning, socialising, engaging in a creative hobby, etc.
- Why is Logical Reasoning important?
Logical Reasoning is important to test the logic level and analytical abilities of the aspirants.