Banking and Financial Awareness is one of the most crucial parts of the General Awareness Segment for all the major bank exams conducted in the country such as SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, RBI Grade A & B, NABARD, etc.
The General Awareness part comprises General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Static GK, and Banking Awareness. It is one of the most scoring subjects in the Banking & Financial Awareness online test for bank exams. To qualify, candidates need to learn the basics of the banking sector of the country. The candidates should be prepared with the Banking & Financial Awareness formula for bank exams, Banking & Financial Awareness questions and answers bank exams, Banking & Financial Awareness quiz for bank exams, Banking & Financial Awareness syllabus for bank exams, etc.
Important Banking & Financial Awareness Topics Syllabus for Bank Exam
Below listed are some of the Banking & Financial Awareness topics for bank exams that are of importance:
- Transfer System in India
- Risks in Banking Sector
- Financial Markets in India
- Negotiable Instruments (NI)
- Banking Related Schemes
- Basel III Accord
- Role of Banking Ombudsman in the Banking Sector
- Green Banking
- Trading and Settlement Process
- RBI Monetary Policy
- CRR, SLR, MSF, Repo Rate
Tips to Prepare for Banking & Financial Awareness for Bank Exams
Banking and Financial Awareness holds an ample amount of significance in all the competitive bank exams. Therefore, candidates need to devote quality time to prepare for it since the Banking & Financial Awareness syllabus for bank exams is vast.
The following tips can help aspirants learn time-management skills for exams, solve problems, and score overall in the subject:
- Stay on top of every news and current affairs of the banking sector in the country—for example, any mergers of banks or other financial institutions or scams, etc.
- Habituate yourself for preparing notes. They would help you in the timely revision of important concepts.
- Refer and solve question papers of previous years’ bank PO and bank clerk exams to familiarise yourself with the types of questions asked.
- Refer quality books and question paper banks of renowned authors and publishers that provide comprehensive guidance on the banking sector of the country.
Importance of Banking and Financial Awareness in General Awareness Section of Banking Exams
- The significance of General Awareness in terms of marks and weightage is high. Candidates can score well in this area with ease since there are no complex calculations and solutions needed.
- Aspirants looking to build a career in the banking sector seek opportunities to qualify these competitive bank exams. General Awareness is one such section that can help them qualify the exam overall.
- Bank exams are conducted for various posts, and this exam is common for all. Therefore it is vital to prepare for it thoroughly.
- Banking and Financial Awareness comprises sections about the role of International Banking Organizations in the development of the financial sector. Therefore, it is important to learn it to qualify for bank exams.
Most Recommended Books for Banking & Financial Awareness
Referring books with detailed and comprehensive Banking & Financial Awareness syllabus for bank exams is of utmost importance. Below are a few suggestions that can help the candidates in deciding what study material to use for preparations:
Author / Publisher
Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB and RBI Exams
Disha Experts / Disha Publications
Comprehensive guide for bank exams aspirants preparing for SBI/IBPS/RBI/PO/SO. It consists of theoretical concepts related to Economy, Financial Awareness and Budget as well as past questions for practice, exercises levels 1 and 2.
Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM)
RPH Editorial Board / Ramesh Publishing House
Apt for all competitive banking related recruitment exams like IBPS, RRB, Specialist Officer etc. It contains solved objective MCQs for practice.
It is referred widely for Bank PO and Clerk Exams like IBPS Po, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, etc. It contains ample amount of solved questions based on all concepts as well as unsolved questions to help aspirants revise them thoroughly.
Principles and Practices of Banking
It is an introductory book to get the aspirants well versed with various aspects of banking industry. The book is divided into 4 modules namely Indian Financial System, Functions of Banks, Banking Technology and Support Services - Marketing of Banking Products.
Why Prepare Banking and Financial Awareness from BYJU'S Exam Prep?
There are a number of online platforms and study guides to refer to Banking & Financial Awareness questions and answers bank exams. Gradeup is one such source that provides a variety of questions and answers, mock tests, preparation strategies and tips, suggestions for study materials, and Banking & Financial Awareness problems in bank exams that can be asked.
Candidates can look up the BYJU'S Exam Prep for Banking & Financial Awareness formula for bank exams, last-minute revision tactics, summarised notes, Banking & Financial Awareness Quiz for bank exams, etc.
Candidates need to prepare a complete strategy to qualify these competitive bank exams. They can refer to Banking & Financial Awareness questions and answers pdf for bank exams that are available at BYJU'S Exam Prep. Along with timely revisions, they must attempt an adequate amount of mock tests to increase practice and problem-solving pace.
How to prepare for Banking Awareness?
- Topics like history, technology, banking terms, etc. must be learned well.
- The key is to revise on a daily basis.
- Try to appear for as many mock tests as you can.
- Keep yourself abreast with the current affairs associated with the banking sector.
What are the best online platforms to prepare for Banking Awareness?
- Top Rankers
- All India Exams
- Bank PO ORG
What does General Awareness include?
General Awareness includes banking knowledge, current affairs, economic knowledge, and general knowledge.
Which is the easiest bank exam?
IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Bank) exam is the easiest to crack among all the exams.
Why do candidates fail in bank exams?
- Unawareness of the latest changes in the affairs of the banking sector.
- Unawareness of the marks cut-offs and exam paper pattern.
- Lack of adequate practice.
- Failure to attempt enough questions due to a slow pace.
- The wrong approach to attempting difficult questions first.
- Unfamiliarity with the online mode of exams.