History of ACC Entry
ACC has been in operation for more than 80 years and has produced a number of notable alumni. The first course at Indian Military Academy had 40 Gentleman Cadets, 15 of which were from the former Kitchener College, which became the ACC. Candidates must pass a written exam in order to be considered for a position in this field.
Indian Army ACC Entry Eligibility Criteria
- Every year, the ACC exam is conducted twice a year.
- The age range for the ACC exam is 20 to 27.
- A minimum of two years of service is required to apply for ACC entry.
- To be eligible for ACC entry, you must have a 10+2 diploma or its equivalent.
- Both married & unmarried soldiers are eligible to apply.
- You have a maximum of three chances for ACC entry.
Selection Procedure for ACC Entry Exam
- First and foremost, the jawan must have a good ACR before applying for ACC.
- There must be no disciplinary action on one's record.
- The CO/OC will administer a unit-level written exam to identify potential soldiers for ACC entry.
- Candidates who pass the written exam will be interviewed by senior officers for further screening, and the documents of selected candidates will be conveyed to the higher formation.
- Selected candidates will be sent to Command Human Resource Development Centres (HRDCs) for a 10-week course.
- The names of the candidates will be sent by the respective formations, and the ACC exam will be held at Command HRDCs.
ACC Entry Exam Date
For January & July courses notification is generally released by the Indian army in the month of March and August. The ACC exam is usually held in February and August. The SSB interview for dates for ACC entry is generally held from September to November for January Course March to May for July Course. In the following table, we are sharing the tentative dates for the Indian Army ACC entry.
|Tentative Month Notification||Mar and Aug|
|Written Exam Date||January and July at Command level|
|Expected Dates of SSB Interview||September to November for January Course March to May for July Course|
Training through ACC Entry
- The ACC training will last three years, followed by a one-year training at the IMA in Dehradun.
- The training at IMA is designed to maximize the development of intellectual, moral, and physical qualities required for leadership in the armed forces.
- The IMA instills in its students the qualities of mind & heart, character, patriotism, dynamism, initiative, and understanding that are essential for leadership in both war and peace.
ACC Entry Campus Location and its Composition
- A Brigadier level officer is in charge of The Army Cadet College (ACC) Wing. It is the fifth Battalion of the IMA (Indian Military Academy) and is located on Tons Campus.
- It is made up of three companies, each with three platoons, and an Academic Department led by a Principal.
- The latter is divided into departments under the Humanities and Science Streams, with each department led by a Professor or Associate Professor.
As we know, Army Cadet College (ACC) Entry is a fantastic opportunity for Indian Army soldiers who joined as regular soldiers but aspire to become commissioned officers. So the above-mentioned complete details about ACC Entry and its selection procedure will help the candidate understand ACC Entry and properly strategize his plan for the ACC Entry examination.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App