If you're bluffing on a game you didn't play, IO will ask you more questions related to it in order to know the truth & will catch the bluff-masters in a heartbeat. For example, if a candidate says he plays football, the interviewer will ask what the Offside rule is, and the candidate will respond that it occurs when the ball leaves the playing area from the sidelines (not from the goal line). So, based on his answer, we can deduce that he knows the fundamentals of the game but has never taken it seriously, as all good football tournaments obey the offside rule.
Below are some simple questions that IO can ask you; there is no limit to the number of questions you may be asked, but you should be able to answer them quickly if you have already played the game.
Questions about the games you mentioned in your PIQ
- How did you get started playing this game or why do you enjoy it so much?
- What are the game's fundamental rules?
- Who is your favourite player and why, as well as the team for which he plays?
- How would you manage a football/hockey/cricket tournament? (0r the Game that you have mentioned in your PIQ)
- How does a cricket/football ball swing? (0r the Game that you have mentioned in your PIQ)
- What are the dimensions of the game's field or court?
- Which role would you like to play?
- Name a few of the games of your favourite player in which he/she performed their best?
- Name a couple of the game's big tournaments as well as a few domestic tournaments.
- Call the game's most recent international/domestic tournament.
Note: One of the most important things to note is that if you haven't played a game and are writing it to show off, remember that you are attempting to show off, and IO will see you off. If you only played a game for a short time and choose to include it in your PIQ, you must first complete your homework on it before including it. Otherwise, you must refrain from including it in your PIQ.
Check Related: Most Important Questions Asked in SSB Interview
Where & Why are the Games & Sports Mentioned in the PIQ?
- The candidate's participation in games and sports is shown in the space in column 11 of the PIQ.
- A student's school or college life exposes him or her to a variety of sports and games while studying.
- If the candidate has participated in them, it is asked if he did so at what stage, for how long, and whether he accomplished anything noteworthy during that period.
- We all know that putting a lot of focus on sports can be ineffective because SSB looks for specific OLQs, and these OLQs are more likely to be found in people who engage in and play sports, especially group sports.
- Leadership, group dynamics, team efforts, organizing capacity, sense of duty, withholding and playing under pressure with a calm mind, tactical playing, and cultivating one's personality are all developed by group sports.
- Physical exercise is a tangible advantage, but it comes naturally when a candidate is successful and OLQs grow on their own.
- Physical fitness is a key qualification requirement in the SSB, and participating in sports allows you to achieve it.
- When you participate in a sport on a more professional level, it is assumed that you have the concentration, ability, and determination to succeed in whatever activity you choose.
Sports Current Affairs Related Questions for the SSB Interview
Given below are a few examples of the sports current affairs related questions for the SSB interview:
1. March 2022, Ashleigh Barty announced her retirement from Tennis at 25 . She belongs to which county?
B. The USA
D. New Zealand
2. Who has been awarded the coveted ‘Sportstar of the Year (Male)’ award at the 2022 Sportstar Aces Awards?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Lakshya Sen
C. Neeraj Chopra
D. Bajrang Punia
3. Who defeated India’s Laksya Sen in the All England Open Badminton World Championships 2022 to win men’s single title?
A. Kento Momota
B. Anders Antonsen
C. Viktor Axelsen
D. Chou Tien Chen
4. Which football team won their first Indian Super League title in 2022?
A. Hyderabad FC
B. Kerala Blasters'
C. ATK Mohun Bagan
D. East Bengal
5. Which cricketer has announced his retirement from first-class cricket?
A. S Sreesanth
B. R Ashwin
C. K L Rahul
D. None of these
6. Who among the following led India to their first overseas test victory in cricket?
A. C K. Nayudu
B. M. A K. Pataudi
C. Sunil Gavaskar
D. Bishen Singh Bedi
7. Which hockey team has won the Khelo India Women’s Hockey League (U-21)?
A. Pritam Siwach Academy
B. Kalinga Sports Society
C. Jawaharlal Nehru Hockey Society
D. Lal Bahadur Shastri Hockey Academy
8. Miguel Van Damme passed away, was related to which sports?
9. Which country's team has won the title of SAFF U-18 Women's Football Championship 2022?
10. Which sport is related to the term 'Duckworth-Lewis'?
11. Which of the following terms is associated with Table Tennis?
B. Penholder Grip
|5 Days SSB Interview Procedure|
|Ways To Improve English For SSB Interview||SSB Interview Tips Fish Market से कैसे बचें ?|
More from us:
Download the BYJU’S Exam Prep App Now.
The most comprehensive exam prep app.