Agriculture Books for UPSC
The Best Agriculture Books for UPSC would explain the topics covered in the UPSC Agriculture Syllabus in a clear, and crisp manner. However, it is hard to find one agriculture book that covers the entire UPSC Syllabus of agriculture optional. That is why we have listed some of the best Agriculture Books for UPSC that would help you to cover the entire syllabus so that you can fetch good marks in UPSC optional papers. Below we have listed some agriculture books that would boost your UPSC preparation.
UPSC Agriculture Optional Books for Paper 1
Paper-1 of the UPSC agriculture syllabus includes ecology, forestry, agricultural extension agronomy, soil, and water conservation, etc. a total of 250 marks questions will be asked on these topics. Following are the best UPSC Agriculture Optional Books for Paper-1.
- Agronomy – Yellamanda Reddy
- Current affairs from The Hindu: Survey of Indian Agriculture and Special Issues of Agriculture.
- Fundamentals Of Agricultural Extension Education by U Barman
- Soil Science - D.K Das or Brady
- Agricultural Extension Education in India
UPSC Agriculture Books for UPSC Paper-2
UPSC agriculture optional syllabus for Paper-2 contains topics like Plant Breeding, Cell Biology, Plant Physiology, Seed Production & Technology, Plant Protection Techniques, Food Production & Nutrition Management. The best Agriculture Books for UPSC to cover these topics are mentioned below.
- Plant Breeding -B.D. Singh
- Physiology by Pandey & Singha
- Genetics By B.D.Singh
- Introduction To Horticulture – Kumar
- Special Issue of Agriculture by The Hindu
- The Hindu- Survey Of Indian Agriculture
- Entomology - Vasantha Raj & David
Agriculture Books for UPSC PDF
Candidates can download the full list of UPSC Agriculture Optional Books from the link given below. Having access to all important agriculture books required for the UPSC would help the candidates to have a rock-solid preparation.
Strategy to Cover UPSC Agriculture Books for UPSC
Candidates need to take care of a few crucial points while covering the USPC Books for better results. As we all know the UPSC Syllabus is vast, and it takes hard work, determination, and focus to prepare for each subject that too in a limited period of time. Candidates need to adopt an approach that will help them to complete the Agriculture Books for UPSC efficiently. Below we will be covering some strategies that would help the candidates to enhance their preparation with agriculture books, and fetch good marks.
- Take a look at the agriculture syllabus for UPSC, start with the basic agriculture UPSC books as per the syllabus.
- Tick mark the topics from the books that you need to cover
- You can cover the topics for Paper-1 and Paper-2 separately so the burden felt limited
- Choose agriculture books that you find easy to understand and comfortable
- There is no need to read all the UPSC agriculture optional books.
- Make short notes from the books as they will come in handy during the revision period.
|Important UPSC Topics|
|IAS Exam||UPSC Exam|
|UPSC Online Application||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|UPSC Cut Off||UPSC Preparation Strategy|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Papers||UPSC Exam Analysis|
|UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Results|