ISRO Center Names In Bangalore
- The Indian Space Research Organization's center for designing, developing, and constructing Indian satellites is the U R Rao Satellite Center (URSC), formerly known as the ISRO Satellite Center (ISAC). It was established in Peenya Industrial Estates, Bengaluru, in 1972 as the Indian Scientific Satellite Project (ISSP). Effective April 2, 2018, ISAC has renamed the U. R. Rao Satellite Center (URSC) in honor of Dr. Udupi Ramachandra Rao, former chairman of ISRO and founder director of ISAC.
- URSC is organized using a matrix management structure, like other ISRO centers.
- Numerous functional areas such as control and mission area, electronic systems area, mechanical systems area, reliability, and components area, etc. are divided into the center. Groups are further separated within each region.
- For example, the Control and Mission section includes numerous groups, including the Flight Dynamics Group and the Control Systems Group. Divisions are again created within the Groups.
- For example, the Control Systems Group includes numerous sections, including control electronics, control dynamics, and analysis.
- In addition, the Division of Space Astronomy and Instrumentation, the Project Planning and Evaluation Group, the Computer and Information Group, and other independent facilities (such as Thermovac, etc.) and projects (such as IRS, INSAT, SATNAV, etc.) exist.
What is the name of the ISRO center in Bangalore?
The name of the ISRO center in Bangalore is the Liquid Propulsion Systems Center (LPSC), the U R Rao Satellite Center (URSC), and others. Thirteen different ISRO centers are located in Bangalore.