UPSC Urdu Optional Books for Paper 1
There are some recommended books for the Urdu Paper of UPSC Mains Syllabus that will help you in preparing for your exam. Few Urdu Optional Books for UPSC are mentioned below.
- Paper 1 has two sections- A and B. For section A, you should read and understand the Urdu ki Lisaani Tashkeel by Mirza Khaleel Beigh.
Some of the recommended books for paper 1 are as follows-
- Urdu Adab Ki Tareekh by Noorul Hasan Naqvi.
- Urdu ki Lisani Tashkil by Mirza Khalil Ahmad Beg
- Urdu Nasr ka Tanquidi Mutala by Sumbul Nigaar
- Urdu Shayari ka Tanqeedi Mutala by Sumbul Nigar
UPSC Urdu Optional Books for Paper 2
Paper 2 involves two sections such as Prose and Poetry. Check the UPSC Urdu Optional Books for both poetry and prose.
UPSC Urdu Optional Books for Prose
For Prose section, you have to read and understand the books of 6 writers given below-
- Bagho-Babar by Mir Amman
- Intikhab-e-Khutoot-e Ghalib
- Apne Dukh Mujhe Dedo by Rajendra Singh Bedi
- Premchand’s Godan
- Read Ghubar-e-Khatir by Abul Kalam Azad
- Nairang-e-Khayal by Mohd
UPSC Urdu Optional Books for Poetry
For Poetry section, you have to go through the following books which are given below-
- Mir Amman Bagho-Babar.
- Ghalib Intikhab-e-Khat-e Ghalib.
- Mohd. Husain Nairang-e-Khayal Azad.
- Prem Chand Godan.
- Rajendra Singh Apne Dukh Mujhe Bedi Dedo.
- Abul Kalam Azad Ghubar-e-Khatir.
Urdu Optional Books for UPSC PDF
Aspirants can simply download the list of the best Urdu Books for UPSC from the link given below. Here is a compiled list of books that will help candidates in preparing for your exam.
☛ UPSC Urdu Optional Book list - Download PDF
How to Prepare with UPSC Urdu Optional Books?
Candidates should have complete knowledge of how to utilize the UPSC Urdu Optional Books in the proper manner to cover the entire UPSC Syllabus for Urdu properly. You must solve case studies questions with the help of UPSC Question Papers with the right example and practical solution.
- Make sure you have analyzed and understood the complete syllabus of the Urdu optional exam.
- Always make a habit of preparing small notes and revise them on a daily basis.
- For the Poetry section, you need to read the important parts and sections which are covered in the entire syllabus.
- You need to prepare the 50 marker question that is on tashreeh sher.
- For this paper, answer writing is very important. So, you must practice it thoroughly before the exam.
- Make a habit of reading and lea