PIB: Press Information Bureau
Press Information Bureau (PIB) is the nodal agency disseminating news from the Government of India to the media. It serves as a conduit between the government and the media and informs the government of the public's opinion as expressed in the media.
- Press releases, press notes, feature pieces, backgrounders, photos, and the database available on the Bureau's website are just a few ways the PIB disseminates information.
- The information is released in English, Hindi, and Urdu before being translated into other Indian languages and distributed to 8,400 newspapers and media outlets across the nation.
- Additionally, PIB arranges press conferences, press briefings, and interviews with ministers, secretaries, and other senior officials to inform the media of significant government policy efforts.
PIB Current Affairs
There are numerous sites from which Current Affairs for UPSC preparation can be collected. Aspirants should attentively follow the news from these sources because they are typically the most trustworthy sources of daily news updates. Press Information Bureau or the PIB, is one of the most trusted sites to be updated with the latest news from the UPSC Exam perspective.
BYJU’s Exam Prep provides the following features to help aspirants with UPSC Preparation Strategy:
- Daily analysis and summaries of key Press Information Bureau release pertinent to the UPSC Exam.
- The PIB Current Affairs are explained in plain and simple terms.
- Candidates can access a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly compilation of PIB information through Best of PIB.
- PIB releases and related resources for IAS Current Affairs are accessible.
PIB Summary and Monthly Compilations
- Revision is made simpler by the prompt availability of PIB Releases for future reference.
- Understanding is made simple because of how well-structured and succinct our professionals provide the information.
- We offer these PIB insights annually and don't charge anything for them.
From the UPSC Exam perspective, covering the PIB is considered very crucial. Every year, several direct questions are asked from the compilations or press releases of the Press Information Bureau. One should refer to the IAS Topper's talk to understand the importance of PIB in the IAS Exam.