Kannada Literature Books for UPSC for Paper 1
Paper 1 of the Kannada Literature Optional for IAS Exam consists of the history of the Kannada language and literature along with poetic and literary criticism and cultural history.
- Linguistic History of Kannada Language- M.H. Krishnaiah
- Kannada Bhasha Shastra- R.Y. Dharwadkar
- Literary Criticism' by Ramachandran
- Kannada Sahitya Charitre- R.S. Mugali
- Hosanagannadh Sahithya Charithram" by Seshagiri Rao
- MA (Kannada) books from the University of Mysore
- History of Karnataka by Falaksha
- Karnataka Cultural Survey' by Tipperedaswamy
Kannada Literature Books for UPSC for Paper 2
Paper 2 of the UPSC Kannada Optional subject covers topics including old Kannada Literature, Medieval Kannada Literature, Modern Kannada Literature, and Folk Literature. Go through the following IAS Kannada Books to complete this section.
- Vikramarjuna Vijaya of Pampa
- Pampana Samastha Bharata Kathamrita-L. Basavaraju
- Vachana Kammata-K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-J.S. Paramashivaiah
- Devaru- A.N. Moorty Rao
- Kumaravyasa Bharata-Kumaravyasa
- Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Tughlaq-Girish Karnad.
- Nambiyannana Raagale-T.N. Sreekantaiah
- Kannada Sanna Kathegalu-G.H. Nayak
- Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak.
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa-D.G Javare Gowda
- Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana
- Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanth
- Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu
UPSC Kannada Literature Books PDF
It is not feasible to open a website to find out the best Kannada Literature books for UPSC, and that’s why we have created a PDF for all the recommended Kannada literature books mentioned above in this post.
Kannada Literature Book for UPSC - Preparation Tips & Strategies
Candidates must know the preparation tips while preparing for the UPSC Exam. Some of the preparation tips are given below-
Must know your UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus: It is important to understand the structure of the UPSC Syllabus so that you can prepare well for the exam.
Select Best Reference Books: Make sure you choose the best and most appropriate UPSC Books so that you can get to know about the important topics and can prepare accordingly.
Create a Study plan: You should prepare a study plan on a daily, monthly, and weekly basis and do accordingly.
Prepare your own small notes: You should make small notes on important topics and revise them on a regular basis.
Solve Previous Question Papers: After completing the syllabus, you must solve UPSC Previous Year Question papers to know your weak points and work accordingly.
Practice few Mock Test Papers: You should practice mock test papers to know the weightage of various topics coming in the exam.