Follow the best preparation tips by Topper to Crack GATE CS (Computer Science) 2020 Exam without coaching. GATE is an exam conducted by IISc/IITs for those students who are willing to pursue their higher studies or want to join any PSU. So, A very crisp and specific plan is required to prepare for the GATE exam with minimum loopholes. Basically, there are two ways to prepare for GATE exam i.e.either you can join a coaching institute for daily classes, notes and move in a defined pace as per the institutes or opt to strategise your preparation yourself.
How to Crack GATE CSE 2020
Every year almost equal no.of candidates crack the GATE exam from these preparation methods. But candidates preparing without coaching must have a pre-defined mindset in order to avoid distractions during preparations. So here BYJU'S Exam Prep is providing the Best Tips to crack GATE Exam for CS branch without coaching
1. Igniting your preparations
- Collect all the information regarding the official syllabus and weightage of each subject.
- Try to analyse the previous year papers and calculate the weightage for each and every subject and prioritize the subject on this basis. You can refer the Study Plan and various important articles shred on BYJU'S Exam Prep.
2. More Marks Weightage More Preparation Time
- Try to devote time to subjects carrying more marks weightage.
- As per previous year weightage analysis, Discrete and Engineering Mathematics, Algorithm and Data Structures. Aptitude and English nearly carry 15 marks each. So it is suggested to prepare these subjects such that even a mark cannot be deducted from these subject question
- Rather it is easy to score in these subjects if proper preparation has been done. So refer standard books for understanding the concepts of these and other subjects also
3. Topper's Tips to Crack GATE CS 2020 Exam
- First and most important is to make short notes for each and every subject and try to revise them regularly.
- Allot a fixed amount of time to each and every subject (approx. 15 days) according to its weightage and prepare accordingly.
- Try to revise a good no of questions for each concept. Just do not solve the question for the purpose to get the answer. Instead, try to strive for the basic concept of the question. This procedure will improve your skills to relate questions for GATE Exam.
- Solve the previous year question paper sincerely in order to be aware of the strategy followed in recent years.
- Once a subject is prepared completely, you should begin to attempt quizzes, subject tests and various modes to attempt new questions to get an idea about your level of preparation.
- Accuracy is the key factor to achieve a good rank in GATE which can be attained and improved by practice bundle of questions. Do not compromise any bit to attempt the variety of questions.
- Finally, once the first cycle of preparation is over (all subjects prepared once), shift your gears and start appearing for Mock tests available online. Although you score less, just try to analyze your faults and go for the next one.
- Since the candidates preparing without coaching will interact quite less with other candidates as compared to the coaching goer, it is obvious that doubts and queries will arise, so do not hesitate to share your doubts with other on BYJU'S Exam Prep and interact with millions other.
- It is suggested to all aspirants either preparing with or without coaching to attempt the Mock Test very sincerely, just similar to real GATE exam avoid any distraction for 3 hours of the exam. This will inculcate the habit to sit for the required amount of time along with continuous thinking.
"It’s very easy to be number one:
Find the Person who is Number One, & Score One Point Higher than he/she Does"
Also, don't forget to practice through the latest GATE CSE 2020 Mock Test for Free.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App.