This year, the 54th CISF Raising Day will be celebrated on March 10 in India. CISF, or the Central Industrial Security Force, is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces in India. The primary responsibility of this security force is to guard government infrastructure and industrial units. CISF Raising Day marks the day on which this organization was formed.
The Raising Day of the Central Armed Police Forces is celebrated with much enthusiastic participation of guests like the Home Minister, and other dignitaries. We have shared further details about the CISF Raising Day, including its history and significance here.
CISF Raising Day
The CISF is one of the most accomplished security forces in India. CISF Raising Day is an opportunity for us to honor and acknowledge the selfless efforts of all the CISF soldiers. This organization works under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
Since CISF was founded on March 10, 1969, CISF Day is celebrated on March 10 each year. This day is marked by parades and other lively events. We have shared a brief overview of the CISF Raising Day here.
CISF Raising Day
March 10 (every year)
Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
March 10, 1969
To honor all the CISF soldiers and acknowledge their efforts.
CISF Day - About CISF
CISF is a powerful organization that has grown tremendously since its establishment in 1969. On the occasion of CISF Raising Day 2023, we have shared some key details about the structure of CISF here:
- The CISF was established by the Government of India around 54 years ago, in 1969.
- Initially established with only 2,800 workers, the strength of CISF employees is now 163,590.
- This year will mark the 54th CISF Raising Day.
- This organization offers security to 13 Private and 343 Public sector units across India.
- Some of the key security concerns that the Central Industrial Security Force deals with include disaster management, VIP security, metro networks, etc.
CISF Raising Day - History
The history of CISF Raising Day can be traced back to when the CISF was established. This premier defence and security organization was established by the Government of India. Here are more details about the history of CISF Day:
- On March 15, 1969, the CISF was assembled with a strength of 2,800 personnel.
- On June 15, 1983, the organization was declared an Indian armed force by an Act of Parliament.
- CISF Raising Day 2023 will mark the 54th year anniversary of the organization.
- Initially, it was announced that the CISF will only provide protection to central government owned industries.
- However, today, the Central Industrial Security Force also guards a limited number of private enterprises.
CISF Day - Significance
The Central Industrial Security Force plays a crucial role in securing many top-level government industries. CISF Raising Day can be an opportunity for us to show gratitude towards CISF personnel for their dedicated service. Here are other reasons why CISF Day is considered significant:
- It is a day when the efforts of the CISF personnel are honored through acknowledgement.
- CISF Raising Day is a reminder of the unbending strength of this glorious organization.
- It is a reminder that India’s defence as a country is only growing stronger.
- The CISF ensures our safety and well-being as civilians of India.
CISF Raising Day Parade
One of the key highlights of CISF Day is the annual parade. The CISF Battalion is located in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. Every year on March 10, an annual CISF Raising Day parade is held in Ghaziabad to mark the occasion. Last year, the country’s Union Home Minister, Amit Shah addressed the Raising ceremony of CISF.
The live telecast of the CISF Raising Day parade is also broadcasted on television and social media platforms. CISF Raising Day is an occasion to show how grateful we are towards the security force that keeps our nation safe.
FAQs on CISF Raising Day
Q1. When is CISF Raising Day 2023?
CISF Raising Day 2023 will be celebrated on March 10 in India. This special occasion marks the day of the establishment of one of the armed forces of India, CISF (or Central Industrial Police Force). Every year, CISF Day is marked by organizing an annual parade at the CISF Battalion.
Q2. Why do we celebrate CISF Raising Day?
We celebrate CISF Raising Day because it commemorates the date on which the CISF was established by the Government of India. CISF is an armed force of India, established through an Act of Parliament on March 10, 1969. Therefore, CISF Day is celebrated on March 10 every year.
Q3. How is CISF Raising Day celebrated?
CISF Raising Day is celebrated annually on March 10 in India. Here are some ways to celebrate CISF Day:
- Watch the CISF Raising Day parade that is held every year at the CISF Battalion.
- Express your gratitude towards the CISF personnel.
- Spread words of encouragement about the CISF on social media.
- Learn about the history and achievements of the CISF.
Q4. What are some of the highlights of CISF Raising Day?
The highlight of CISF Raising Day is definitely the annual parade. Every year on March 10, the CISF Raising Day parade is organized at the CISF Battalion. Last year, the parade was carried out at the CISF Battalion in Ghaziabad, in the presence of the Union Home Minister, Amit Shah.
Q5. What is the significance of CISF Raising Day 2023?
CISF Raising Day 2023 will mark the 54th year anniversary of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). This is a special occasion because it highlights the work and achievements of the CISF. CISF Day is also an occasion to express gratitude towards the CISF personnel.